X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Scott - what about this Heritage?

Hi Scott - what do you think?

It's a 1997 Roy Clark model for $1,795 from a seller called Annie Allman:

The body thickness is the same as a 535, but the body is more than 2" longer. Any idea what the difference in tone/sound might be?

Also, anyone out there have experience with this seller?

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Re: Hey Scott - what about this Heritage?

i looked at her store when i was looking for my guild. they seemed nice and returned my emails but they were a bit high. It looks like a great guitar but see if you can find a another one around somewhere and compare the prices.
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Not ever dealt with Aunt Annie.

Granted mine was a goldtop and so there was not AAA 10 Top or anything, but it did have a bigsby and it rocks. Brand new was $1300.

Go to www.gbase.com and search the dealers list for Jay Wolfe or probably Wolfe Guitars. Jay is the man for all things Heritage. he's their biggest dealer. Best prices on new. Otherwise, hit ebay. Great deals there on Heritage.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Thanks guys!

eBay scares me - I've never used it and am afraid I don't know enough about used guitars or the eBay process to protect myself. There is a blonde 535 on eBay right now - looks like the seller is cleaning out his guitar equipment.

I'd much prefer to play a guitar before buying it. Unfortunately, the closest Heritage "dealer" is about 2 hours away and only has 1 or 2 535's in stock.

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

I ordered my heritage throught Jay Wolfe. he rules! Really nice guy, and he quoted me about $300 less than the other dealers that I talked to.
            Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

that looks like a sweet guitar....
              esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
              fender mim standard strat
              peavey classic 30
              johnson j-station
              original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
              dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
              yamaha f-310p acoustic
              taylor 410 acoustic
              "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Jay orders a lot of custom special guitars. He's got enough clout that they just send him what he wants.

How many gold top 535 with Bigsbys have you seen? I've only seen one. And it's in my garage.

He's like that. He comes up with some great and some oddball combinations sometimes. Like on mine, for some reason, I guess to save cost, he put those crappy Schaller pickups in there.

Now Jay is a heavy duty Christian guy, but when I asked him about why he put Schallers in there instead of Duncans, he proceeded to pee down my neck and told me it was raining.

On my guitar, it was definitely a cost issue. Goldtop, so no upgrade there, bigsby, so they went with crappy pups to balance out. Dot neck as opposed to traps. I really have not complaints. It has taken me a while to get the nut to the point to where it stays in tune when I get a little bigsby-happy. But, just a GREAT guitar once I got the Seth Lovers into it.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

Comment

Working...
                X