Am i being ridiculous...(pic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am i being ridiculous...(pic)

you guys are right...the fact of the matter is...i loved it...and i'm gonna try to get it...my birthday is coming up...so we'll see what happens...?!

thanks for affirming what i should have realized and accepted on my own...

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
    Originally posted by jeremy
    God hates bad guitar tone
    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss
      you guys are right...the fact of the matter is...i loved it...and i'm gonna try to get it...my birthday is coming up...so we'll see what happens...?!

thanks for affirming what i should have realized and accepted on my own...

YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

No Hoss.....

YOU ROCK !!!!!

About 20 yrs ago I took my first guitar lessons and my instructor had an Aria Les Paul clone. I was in love with that guitar. I think Aria makes some very nice stuff. I'm still looking for an old Aria like that.
      Tradition S-20, Tradition G-10, Jackson DKMG, Ibanez SRX 505 Bass, Laney MXD 120H head, Peavey 4x12 cab, Fender 4x12 cab, Boss GS-10, M-Audio Black Box, Boss Metal Zone, Boss DS-1, Boss SD-1, Boss CH-1, MXR Dyna Comp, MXR Zakk Wylde, MXR EVH Phase 90, MXR Double Shot Distortion, ProCo Rat, Other Boss stuff.

SD pickups tried or still in use: JB, Zebra C5, Zebra Jazz, JB Jr., Distortion, Lil '59, Invader, Live Wire Metal, and Custom.

Comment

Yep, guitars are like beautiful women - it doesn't matter where there from as long as you get the really fine ones!

I hope my wife doesn't read this....

Comment

For once i'm actually agreeing with the majority here. Go for the aria.
          Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
          The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Hey, if its as good as you say even though they might be cheap now in future it might skyrocket in value when people realise what gems they are!
            My Soundclick page.

Comment

I think you need to buy the thing. If, when you pick it up and it says "Take me home. You need me. You can't live without me...", then you have found an instrument that you NEED. Not want, NEED. And if you buy it, you can always tell your wife that you heard voices. It works for me, at least. I think she's starting to believe me....!
              www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

this is what is known as a "Diamond in the Rough"

I agree with what everyone has said so far... if it sounds good, plays good, and feels right to you then it really doesn't matter where it came from or what it really is. A friend of mine has an Asian "Faster" brand Les Paul copy that plays and sounds as good as any Gibson I've played.

Comment

having never had the chance to play those guitars I have no input to offer. As per your question I would say yes you are hanging too much faith on a name. But I know I and many others have the same hang up.

Trust your ears eyes and feel and if the axe fits what you want then snatch it up man. I have seen and played teles that were built by the common player and I would choose them any day over the fender logo. It's all about the player...

just my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by Hellion
                    I think you need to buy the thing. If, when you pick it up and it says "Take me home. You need me. You can't live without me...", then you have found an instrument that you NEED. Not want, NEED. And if you buy it, you can always tell your wife that you heard voices. It works for me, at least. I think she's starting to believe me....!

i agree...

oh, and with the voices...i tell my wife about them...only problem is, she thinks they talk too me waaay to often...LOL!!!

i'm gonna try to scratch some money together in the next few weeks or so and either buy it...(if i can scratch that much...lol) or at least put it on layaway...

later,
                    mike
                    Originally posted by jeremy
                    God hates bad guitar tone
                    GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                    AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                    EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                    Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

good luck mike
                      Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Mike, I always loved those Gretsch-esque rockabilly looking guitars. If it rocks, you shouldn't pass it up.

I've played guitars by big names that played and sounded only "decent". If you find something better by a different name, you owe it to yourself to buy that
                        Originally posted by kevlar3000
                        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                        Originally posted by Zerberus
                        Better is often the enemy of good
                        Originally posted by ginormous
                        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Mike, I'd say go for it. I don't think the name alone makes a guitar. It's all in the eyes/ears/hands of the beholder. Ah, but what do I know...
                          <-----------
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

And :fing25: don't forget

NEW GEAR ROCKS! :******:
                            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
                            X