Re: Fender Champ 12?

thanks man
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

I've tried out a couple of these little amps in the past and wasn't overly impressed, they sounded raspy to me - however Torres Engineering has an easy mod which really improves the overall sound of the amp (clean and overdrive channels), here's and excerpt from HC> take it for what it's worth, the mod is cheap and easy to install.

"I play blues/rock 'n'roll on a G&L S500 and Fender Tele. I really had no complaints with the amp before this mod except I thought it was a little harsh sounding at higher volumes. This kit fixed this problem and then some. The amp is so much warmer and open sounding. The overdrive channel,which to my ear was horrid,has been transformed into a very serious Marshall sounding drive channel. The clean channel finnally breaks up into a sweet tweed like overdrive when picked agressively. I can not overrate this mod,it's just amazing. I was thinking of buying a new amp,not now"

Comment

Originally posted by RiffRaff
        I've tried out a couple of these little amps in the past and wasn't overly impressed, they sounded raspy to me - however Torres Engineering has an easy mod which really improves the overall sound of the amp (clean and overdrive channels), here's and excerpt from HC> take it for what it's worth, the mod is cheap and easy to install.

"I play blues/rock 'n'roll on a G&L S500 and Fender Tele. I really had no complaints with the amp before this mod except I thought it was a little harsh sounding at higher volumes. This kit fixed this problem and then some. The amp is so much warmer and open sounding. The overdrive channel,which to my ear was horrid,has been transformed into a very serious Marshall sounding drive channel. The clean channel finnally breaks up into a sweet tweed like overdrive when picked agressively. I can not overrate this mod,it's just amazing. I was thinking of buying a new amp,not now"
        I did the Torres mod to mine, and yeah the O.D. channel screams.
        But I think it darken the clean channel a little? Did you notice this on yours??
        It may be my tubes (that I think are original?) The 1st thing I did when
        I did the mod was plugin the OD channel and fire away!! So maybe I sucked
        the little bit of life outta the tubes that they had in them? Well I have to
        retubed anyway,But I was wondering if anybody noticed this after the mod?
        If they lost some of the sweet chime?
        http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Working...
        X