Flextone II problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flextone II problem

here's the problem- my stupid roomate spilled beer all over my flextone II 1x12, and my A-D buttons no longer work, except for B. i tried getting the fb4 so i could edit a channel and try to save it with the floorboard buttons (by hitting save, pressing the pedal, and save again) but it doesn't work like that. any suggestions?? i took it all apart and cleaned the parts, but i didn't take apart all the circuitry stuff. i think there's just beer under the buttons, and it's not allowing a good contact. help me please!!!
    Line 6 Flextone II 1x12
    Schecter C-1 Classic, JB bridge, '59 neck
    Anyone want to donate a tube amp?

Re: Flextone II problem

I'd suggest making the roomate pay for it or the repairs or it's baseball bat time.

oh wait, that's the way I would handle it, sorry. I don't know what to suggest to you.

Comment

Yeah, if it were me, roommate beating time! However, my roommate is a musician too, so he respects my stuff.
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

deffinitly make him pay.. if he refuses.. doesn't sound like a decent guy in the first place

take the amp to a tech and see what they can do.. make sure they are a good one as some might not accept modeler amps

Comment

yeah whatever repair needs to happen, he's payin for it. anyway- what about electrical switch cleaner (pot cleaner)? would that maybe clear out some of the beer? i'm really pissed off right now, i was just about to sell this thing too, it was basically brand new. thanks for the help guys.
          Line 6 Flextone II 1x12
          Schecter C-1 Classic, JB bridge, '59 neck
          Anyone want to donate a tube amp?

Comment

I guess they reserved the cupholders for the 212 models huh? LOL!! I have had similar incidents involving other electronic equipment. I've had some hits and misses with Contact Cleaner, but definitely worth the try. Seriously though, after you smack his nose with a rolled newspaper, put him in his cage and make a new Housrule! No drinks or cigs around my gear!! Definitely dont let anyone use it as a beerrest, the vibrations alone will rattle the beer into another expensive mess!
            ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
            X