How good are warmoth guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good are warmoth guitars?

Okay, so im already thinking ahead to what my next guitar is going to be ( i cant resist ) and originally i was going to do up my current jackson into a bit more of a wank machine, but there are a lot of things about it id like to improve (like the wood for starters) so much so that instead of trying to do it up i could just get something else. So warmoth came to mind.

I was thinking about something along the lines of perhaps a soloist or strat type body, or even something a little older looking, but with a hum single hum config and an original floyd. And a mahogany body. I want something thick like a LP but a wanky one. Anyway, save that for another thread, i was wondering just how good warmoth stuff really is. I mean everyone on here always seems more than satisfied with it, so is it really top notch stuff and if you order a whole guitar from them just how good will it be?
    My Soundclick page.

Re: How good are warmoth guitars?

well, building a custom guitar from Warmoth parts doesn't make sense from an economic point, since it costs as much as buying a new ax and doesn't have the resale value ...

however, it's a labor of love .. as I've said here before, spec'ing and building my own guitar was something I just had to do

Warmoth's parts are fine, just make sure you do your research, plan well, and cover all your bases. I'd also suggest looking at the showcase for some good deals on finished parts.

I've just ordered my first project from USA Customs, after hearing good things about them. For what you want, Warmoth may be your best choice, though, since USA is a little more vintage oriented, and doesn't have the large selection of exotic woods that Warmoth has. If those things aren't issues for you, though, then by all means check them out.

USA certainly has a great reputation for customer service, and I can attest to that after talking to Tommy on the phone to hammer out some last minute details, besides the numerous emails we exchanged before I ordered.

hope that's some help
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

Of course its some help, cheers
      My Soundclick page.

Comment

ive made warmoth guitars for others, havent used usa customs but ive heard good things.
        you arent gonna spent much less unless you do all the finishing work but you can have exactly what you want

Comment

I'm going to buff out the finish on the body & neck of a USA Custom Guitars project guitar this weekend - might even get it assembled if I have time to cut the nut.

The wood is beautiful, both on the top of the body and the fingerboard, and the body/neck fit is great.

Tommy and his guys are all musicians who like to build guitars - great folks to work with IMHO.

Chip
          Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
          Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
          Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
          SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
          SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
          "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Right now, my 2 Warmoth guitars (LPS and Strat) are my main axes. It just feels really awesome having a guitar I spec'd out... fret size, back profile, woods, etc.

If you're looking at Warmoth, DEFINATELY keep close tabs on the Showcase section... I scored a carved top Flamed Koa LPS for $200 from the showcase when they normally sell for around $400 or so brand new. No flaws at all.. guitar was perfectly fine.
            -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
            I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

Working...
            X