banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do Piano players obsses over tone as much as us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

also, where would you put 6-7 pianos?

keyboards have so many different sounds in them, they probable dont need that many...
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
      also, where would you put 6-7 pianos?

keyboards have so many different sounds in them, they probable dont need that many...
      How much do you wanna bet that there's a forum of people on the internet that all have a different keyboard for each sound they want to make:

"This one is for my Roland sounds, this one is for Hammond sounds, this one is for new piano sounds, this one is for old piano sounds, the bass keys on this one are good at harpsichord, but I play the treble keys on this one for the higher register harpischord sounds..."

Comment

maybe.....

only thing is you can get those different sounds from a keyboard, and its not like the variax thing....
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Ok, about pianists and guitarists; give me some interesting names for the last 30 years?
          Guitarists: Hendrix, Clapton, Van Halen Ray Vaughn, McLaughlin, Vai, Satriani, Malmsteen, Fripp, Zappa, DiMeola, Howe, Trower, Ford, Hillage, Belew, Wylde, Lee...
          Pianists: Han****, Chorea....

Well, no further questions?

Comment

The automatic censor here is real funny. Han*** something should off course be Herbie H a n c o c k. Pure guy? Whatever

Comment

i think that synthesizer / keyboard players (as opposed to strictly acoustic piano players) can get pretty wrapped up in sound / feel of their rigs ... they seem pretty susceptible to the 'flavor of the year' too ... i remember when the yamaha DX-7 keyboard came out back in the early 80's .. my buddy had one of the first ones in the greater philly area ... he made back the purchase price within 5 months renting it out to studio cats who had to have 'the latest thing' .. . a couple years later, you could get em used for a song ... the cycle repeats itself often between roland, yamaha, korg, etc ... the keyboardist in my last band still dragged his old roland full size, weighted keys controller around simply because he liked the action best, despite the nearly 20 yr old technology .. they are also known to by a module for a single sound that they HAVE to have at several hundred dollars a pop (B3 organ sounds, old analog synth reproduction, etc)

so yeah, they get it as bad as we do .. :-)

cheers,
              t4d
              gear list in profile

"no seymour - no tone ... know seymour - know tone!"

Is it not the glory of the people of America that, whilst they have paid a decent regard to the opinions of former times and other nations, they have not suffered a blind veneration for antiquity, for custom, or for names, to overrule the suggestions of their own good sense, the knowledge of their own situation, and the lessons of their own experience?" - James Madison - Federalist #14

Comment

Working...
              X