rivera knucklehead(original)kh100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rivera knucklehead(original)kh100

anybody playing/own one of these amps i'm looking for it to cover thin lizzy/gary moore/whitesnake/srv/lynch thanks scott
    Wayne Rock-legend #143 Jazz/JB
    Suhr OD-50
    Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

"Bradshaw" Moded Crybaby, Majik Box Rocket Fuel

Re: rivera knucklehead(original)kh100

To me, they sound like a souped up early Boogie. They have that compressed plastic
    kind of low end, and hifi highs. I'm not saying it sounds bad, cause it is a good amp, but I consider the sound more of a rockfusion type of sound. Wouldn't your 30th Ann Marshall 6100 handle those tones better, anyway?
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

nice avatar!!!!!!!!!!! i sold the marshall the cruch channel was awesome but the lead channel was all mush!!!!! since i have my marshall sl-x even unmoded it sounded better i'm sure when i get it back it will be better!!!!!!!!!
      Suhr OD-50
      Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

I have an a old KH100 model. I think that gearjoneser's description of the "marshall" channel is pretty good - a very crunchy, powerful sound. It's more of a signature sound than a "standard" one used for copping the tones of famous players.

I use it mostly for the clean channel (which is to die for), and I use pedals for distortion. One of these days I'm gonna have that marshall channel modded by someone, to make it less crunchy. But don't get me wrong, I love my Rivera. This is the second one that I have owned, after trading away my first one.
        "After I die I shall return to earth as the doorkeeper of a bordello and I won't let a one of you in." -Arturo Toscanini

Comment

You all know what I use: a Fulltone Full-Drive 2 in front of the K100. Sounds incredible that way! Loudest 100W head ever, the clean channel is just as good as a vintage Fender (not suprising, knowing its lineage). The gain channel is amazing as well, very Marshall-esque, but since you can adjust the focus as well as the presence, as well as the EQ actually WORKING (ie, you have a WIDE tonal pallette using the EQ), I really think Rivera is one of the last names in amplification.

Very few guys use Riveras for what I use it for, but it suits my purposes perfectly, and I've played a zillion shows with it; it's bulletproof, to boot!

Scott, I'll bring the Knucklehead to the Pearcy show @ the Corner Pocket, with one of my Lynch guitars, and you can hear it first hand, okay?
          Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
          My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

anyone of you rivera guys have any experience with the R-30 or chubster 45
            i've been thinking about them for quite a while
            Custom Guitar Builder - PM me if you're interested.
            Check out the new website and see the progress of felow forumites' guitars
            www.gaugeguitars.com
            Cheers!

Comment

thanks bro i'll check it out then!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Suhr OD-50
              Suhr 4x12" Vintage 30's

Comment

Working...
              X