Dead Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead Reverb

I have a Fender Stage 160 solid state amp, and the reverb just died on me. So now whenever I turn it up...it just give me feedback like sounds. Anything I can do to fix? Or should I just bring it in to the shop??

Re: Dead Reverb

I'd say you should bring it in. In A tube amp it would most likely be the driver
    tube. But a SS reverb unit is most likely driven by a OP amp chip. You need a
    scehmatic and soldering skills to D.I.Y. You can open it up and look for simple
    thing 1st like loose or broken wires?? But that sounds like a job for a tech.
    http://www.soundclick.com/whirlwindbluesrevue

Comment

Re: Dead Reverb

Originally posted by CasualFitzy
      I have a Fender Stage 160 solid state amp, and the reverb just died on me. So now whenever I turn it up...it just give me feedback like sounds. Anything I can do to fix? Or should I just bring it in to the shop??
      Yeah, check your tanks input and output cables, if that doesn't do it, take it for servicing, the driver transducers (small transformer looking things inside the tank) could be shot, and /or a problem in the driver/recovery stages ... just no way to know with out specing it out ... I suppose you could look up the tank code from Accutronics site, and check the DCR on the inputs,outputs, and serially, as well as the ground connections for the inputs and outputs. However ... I'd suspect the inside of the amp, before I'd suspect the tank itself though.
      ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
      ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
      Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
      X