banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will I need to get my truss rod adjusted if...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I need to get my truss rod adjusted if...

...I tune my guitar to E flat?

Re: Will I need to get my truss rod adjusted if...

I doubt it, tune it down and see how well your intonation is. Maybe if you do it all the time, but such a small change shouldn't require it. IMO

Comment

Only if you're really picky about it. I probably would, but I doubt you'll notice much difference.
      Originally posted by The Minstrel
      Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

i would say no, but according to ^^^ i guess im wrong

my view on truss rod's is : if ur guitar feels fine, why mess with it? i havent had my electric set up since ive owned it (1.5 yrs) and its fine. there is a slight buzz on the 19th fret and above on the low e and a strings, but i dont play there, so it doesnt matter....

my acoustic is currently downtuned for slide, and i didnt touch the truss rod. dont plan on it either
        Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
        Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
        Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
        Crate VC-3112
        Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
        Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Unless you switch string guages a couple sizes or change tunings more than a step from the current setup, I wouldn't worry about it unless you're having trouble with it specifically.

Comment

I dunno. I'm pretty anal about setups, so I'd give the truss rod a small tug, if needed.
            Also fine tune the intonation, because the slightest change can throw off the intonation, if only a C hair. It takes 15 minutes to do a fine tuned setup, so why not?
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              I dunno. I'm pretty anal about setups, so I'd give the truss rod a small tug, if needed.
              Also fine tune the intonation, because the slightest change can throw off the intonation, if only a C hair. It takes 15 minutes to do a fine tuned setup, so why not?
              Agreed!! Oftentimes players arent aware of the minute differences of intonation they have in their instruments due to the interactions between player and instrument (i.e - resonance of guitar against body, vocals dominating rhythm, etc). But when you jam with other players, or have an audience, it becomes evident! Nothing adds natural depth and brilliance in place of a properly fine-tuned guitar!
              ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
              X