Mexican Strat??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mexican Strat??

Thanks Guys. Maybe I looked at the tag wrong, but I'm pretty sure that $529 is what they wanted. So, I'll save up and go somewhere else. I think the only thing that really drew me to the mexi strat in the first place was the color (tobacco burst). I'll just get a USA made strat in that color.

Thanks Again Guys.

Comment

i think this guitar might be a 50's classic
      i own stuff

Comment

Originally posted by guymanperson
        i think this guitar might be a 50's classic
        I do remember the tag saying "Tex-Mex" fender strat. Could that be the reason for the higher price? I can't find a 50's classic on the net anywhere to compare.

*edit* Nevermind, I found a 50's classic on the net. That's probably what I was looking at. So, now that we have that squared away, is the guitar worth the $529 price tag?
        Last edited by Skullkrusher; 05-08-2004, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Damn, I bought my 10 year old mIM strat for lke 125 bucks, and it had three lace sensor sin it that I sold to someone here.

Great guitar. Made a great project guitar and I had fun refinishing itl

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

i paid around $500 for my robert cray strat.... they are made in mexico.. they also make it in sunburst. The guitar wasnt a hardtail was it?
            '05 Gibson SG Standard
            '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
            PRS IRW McCarty
            '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
            82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

I paid $560 for my '01 American Strat in mint cond., 3-tone sunburst, w/hsc.
              I'd go for an American or U.S. model if it were me.
              Read up on the differences between American-made and Mexican-made Strats here:

This comparison chart helped me make up my mind what to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ez74
                i paid around $500 for my robert cray strat.... they are made in mexico.. they also make it in sunburst. The guitar wasnt a hardtail was it?
                My guess is also that it's some sort of signature guitar rather than a standard, too. You might want to check and see exactly which guitar it is.

Comment

Been in the market for a strat for sometime. With a ceiling of $800, I empathize with your thrifty tendencies. At the risk of redundancy, $529 is MSRP. If you spoke with a sales rep and he didnt offer you lower, then this place has no respect for customer satisfaction and you should definitely not offer a penny of business in their direction. Instead, I propose this, use them as a sound test. Pick up Strats you cant afford adn compare action, tone, and detail with ones more in your price range. Once you have made a few choices, make your purchase online. As someone said earlier, MF offers HWY-1's for $599. That way you are not buying a guitar you havent heard or felt. Another option is to spend about a week on eBay and watch trends for Strats. Track the guitars you are interested in on My eBay and monitor their final price. You will find that USA Strats from 1979-1995 (their better post-CBS years) will either not sell, or will sell for $500-600. Within days, the same strat will relist and you can go from there. Good Luck on your hunt! But do not spend more than $350-400 on an MIM. Even if she is flirting with you, you can buy her cheaper elsewhere!
                  ~ Life In Every Breath~

www.gordonsgroovyguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                  X