Add or change to your guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Add or change to your guitar

What would you add/change as standard to your guitar other than pickup's. I have a Les Paul and would go for Jimmy Page wiring
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    Les Paul With JB bridge & Jazz neck - Jimmy Page Wiring
    Fenton Weill strat copy With 59 bridge & 59 Neck p/up My first Guitar
    Vox Valvetronix AD 100 VT

Re: Add or change to your guitar

Besides putting EMG's in my Ibanez, I would prob get sperzel locking tuners, an EMG Afterburner, and gold hardware... except the tuners and afterburner would have to have holes drilled into my guitar.. I'm not too keen on that, cuz as the saying goes, the more holes you put in your guitar, the worse it will sound.
    • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
    • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
    • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
    • G&L Tribute Comanche
    • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
    • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
    • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

on my ex-351 id get locking tuners and somehow make the body way heavier
      Originally posted by Aceman
      It was the age of suave. Men were men, and women were smacked and thrown on the bed and loved it.

Comment

Mods done to my RG470:

6 fret scallop
        Fretboard edges rolled
        Neck stripped off finish, and oiled
        Duncans all around (replaces stock Ibanez V-series)
        New electronics; CTS pots, Oak-Grigsby 4P5T switch, Switchcraft jack (replaces no-brand items)
        Original Floyd Rose (replaces Takeuchi Lo-TRS system)
        Rockinger BlackBox tremsetter
        Gotoh locking nut (replaces original Takeuchi item)
        GT FatFinger

I love hotrodding axes
        Ibanez RG 470 Hotrodded w/ OFR, SD FS/JB Jr(b)/DD, 90% of original hardware replaced
        Jim Dunlop GCB-95 Crybaby Hotrodded w/ TB, LED indicator, BC109s, will have sweep range selector and booster circuit
        Carl Martin Rock Drive
        ISP Decimator
        BOSS DD-3
        Laney LC-15R

My Rig

Comment

maybe new tuners, ive totally replaced all the electronics, done a bit of rewiring, gotten new knobs, and a switch cover....i like my bridge, neck, and body. ive also vintaged it a bit, so maybe new tuners, or a new nut....otherwise i really like it
          Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
          Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
          Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
          Crate VC-3112
          Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
          Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Strat 1 (American HM Strat), nothing - it came perfect. (However, the middle pickups dead, so it looks like new singles are comming down the pipe [EMG SAV, SAV, 85])

Strat 2 (MIM Standard Strat), baritone neck, new nut and tuners, new pickups, new wiring. Oh, and the Standard bridge sucks ass, so that's going too. Soon to go EMG 85/85.

LP - New nut, tuners, switch, pots, caps, output jack & pickups. Soon to go EMG 85/81.
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

Nothing.

Comment

I dont think I own a stock guitar. All pickups are duncans or old fenders, replaced all electronics, tuners, pickguards, bridges, nuts, everything.
                This is the very perfection of a man, to find out his own imperfections. - St. Augustine of Hippo

Comment

new nut on my strat, and i might get round to finishing the paintjob on it one day.

new machine heads on the les paul, and gut the whole wiring, crappy epiphone electrics.
                  "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Blocking the trem, adding 2 spings for a reverby effect (not shure if it really works but I like to think it does) changed all the electronics and of course the pickups. Put some covers on the duncans. Shaller strap locks. That's about all I did to my RG, I'm happy.

Comment

Working...
                    X