banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Treble bleed Q's. Need answer by 8:30 P.M!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treble bleed Q's. Need answer by 8:30 P.M!

I need an answer by 8:30 so I can make it to Radio Shack if needed. Anyway, I want to rewire my Wolfgang tonight. I'm currentley using a 500K pot for the volume and a 250K push/pull pot for the tone. I'm going to change the 250 pot to a 500K push/pull, but I also wanted to do the treble bleed mod to retain some clarity when I turn the volume down.
    According the the schematic for the treble bleed mod on the schematic's page I need a 100K resistor and a .002 capacitor. Radio Shack has the 100K resistor but not the .002 capacitor. What they do have is a .004 capacitor which, written on the package say's 47pF. (???) I don't know ANYTHING about what these numbers and all that, or if this will work or not. If anybody knows if these parts will work or not I would appreciate any info you could give me. Thank you.

Re: Treble bleed Q's. Need answer by 8:30 P.M!

IIRC 47pf is a ".047" cap - way off in value from what you want for a treble bleed. Personally, I found a .0022 cap in parallel with a resistor actually increased treble as I rolled the volume down. YMMV, but you might try a .0015 - don't think Radio Shack carries them.

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Thanks Chip.

Comment

theres a few differnt values that he says on there that sound good, and i think that radio shack has one of those values
        http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
        >cord<
        1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
          IIRC 47pf is a ".047" cap - way off in value from what you want for a treble bleed. Personally, I found a .0022 cap in parallel with a resistor actually increased treble as I rolled the volume down. YMMV, but you might try a .0015 - don't think Radio Shack carries them.

Chip
          47pF = .047nF = .000047uF, the cap the dude wants is 2,000pF = 2nF = .002uF. Sad truth is, the days of people that work at Radio Sahck actually knowing about electronics are pretty much gone for the most part, cell phones, and other consumables they can tell you about.
          Radio Shack can order them if you don't feel like sifting thru a suppliers catalogue ... take about a week.
          ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
          ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
          Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
          X