Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zion Guitars - Played One Today!

Originally posted by Rid
    My best guess would be a Tyler, or a Suhr.....well most a Suhr.
    No - but keep guessing!!
    Normans Guitars

Comment

Ok Last bid would Don Grosh then.

Comment

Originally posted by Rid
        Ok Last bid would Don Grosh then.
        No - you really have to try a bit harder and its none of the ones mentioned so far.

OK for a clue they are based in NY.
        Normans Guitars

Comment

Lol I give up...they all look too much alike for me right now....never did study much beyond Tyler guitars...hehe
          Anderson?? Is he not New York based??

Comment

It's this:

Normans Guitars

Comment

Unless that guitar grows a vag!na when you pick it up, it's not worth anywhere near what they're asking for it. LOL Zions are good, but never really caught on with the boutique guitar lovers the way Anderson, Grosh, Suhr, and McInturff have. Same with Sadowsky. They may be more popular in New York, but you rarely see them in LA. High dollar strats are becoming a bit of a joke, since half the time they only play and sound as good as ANY bolt on with good pickups.

My method is to wait till guys have forgotten about certain good one's then swoop in like a hawk. Here's what I got this morning that I'm really excited about. The price is what a used Am Std goes for. Yee Ha.
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

GJ your going to love that guitar man - I've got an Am Schecter Tele with a Hum in the neck and single in the bridge - awsome playing guitars.

Comment

OH and Norman that is definitely a lot of $$ but those guitars are pretty incredible - I've only ever played two but wooohaaa.

Comment

FWIW I went to NY and met up with Roger Sadowsky in Februray of this year. A really nice guy and very pleasant bloke, I spent an afternoon going through and discussing my requirements and then choosing the body, neck, fingerboard woods and also the hardware. I was also given a tour of his place and tried out a sweet butterscotch tele that he had in, which I was very tempted to take home with me. I had for some time being looking to get a decent strat (OK I have a few but that's my problem). I was going to have one built for me by a guy who lives in Seattle but when I factored in all the cost, I thought it would be best for me to get what I had set my heart on and because I love Steely Dan (Walter Beckett - plays them).

The guitar body is an Alder body with a 5A Quilt maple top, cherry sunburst finish. fingerboard is morado with a 12" radius, sadowsky special pups with push in arm, pearloid pickguard etc etc. I had thought about going to get one from the CS at Fender Custom but frankly I was not impressed with them or their attitude.

So you ask about the cost of this well it is approx $3000 (£1600) remember this is going to be a lot less for me than anything else that is presently out there. Anywhere it's going to be ready in July and I'll be (hopefully) flying out to pick it up as I will be needing it in August.

For those that don't know anything about Sadowsky then go an have a look at their site.

http://www.sadowsky.com/
                    Normans Guitars

Comment

Awesome looking Sadowsky! I saw Steely Dan 6 months ago and Walter Becker played a light blue one all night. It sounded great as did the whole band.

Comment

I saw a Zion here recently for about $1,700

How does that compare to 2nd hand prices in the USA?

It was a pretty ugly colour though, so I wasn't too tempted in the end.

Comment

Working...
                        X