*sob* dream guitar discontinued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *sob* dream guitar discontinued

Yea, the Ibanez RG1550. Great looking guitar. Maple neck+fretboard, awesome playbility, super fast neck, ahh pretty guitar.

Discontinued a few months ago.

And the last site that carried them discontinued em

Here it is

this too

Why didn't i buy? No money and I still have no money as of today?

Can anyone recommend any guitar with a fast neck, maple fretboard, and good quality? I need buckers on my guitar

Keep it around $650 and UNDER.

Thanks
    <Insert awesome equipment here>

Fender MIM Midnite Wine Satin Strat
    Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue Amp
    Boss BD-2 Blues Driver overdrive

and a couple guitar picks

Re: *sob* dream guitar discontinued

...or at least give me some sites that sell em (rg1550)

Oh yea, i cant use credit card so that makes it more difficult

Is there anyway i can contact the Ibanez factory and order one directly from there?

Comment

You can try contacting their HQ, Hoshino, in Bensalem PA. It's a cool-looking guitar. Reminds me of the Ibanez guitars of yesteryear ...
      Why don't you take your little Cobra Kais and get outta here?!
      My collaborative PROGRESSIVE ROCK PROJECT, As Follows.

Comment

thats actually a pretty cool looking guitar
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

thats the same one jason becker used i believe
          Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
          The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
            You can try contacting their HQ, Hoshino, in Bensalem PA. It's a cool-looking guitar. Reminds me of the Ibanez guitars of yesteryear ...

Thanks

That is one of the reasons i like it... that and it plays beautifully

What do u think they would do if i contacted them?

How would i contact them???

Comment

Originally posted by stevie ray
              Thanks

That is one of the reasons i like it... that and it plays beautifully

What do u think they would do if i contacted them?

How would i contact them???
              I don't think they would have a problem w/your calling. Ask for sales.

As for contact info:

If you've heard of Ibanez and Tama -- major names in guitars and drums -- you've indirectly heard of Hoshino (U.S.A.) and its Japanese parent, Hoshino Gakki. Hoshino (U.S.A.) serves its parent as the wholesale and distribution arm to countries outside of Japan. The company also works with Ibanez and Tama to design and make prototypes and custom musical instruments that are mostly made in Japan. Ibanez products include guitars, basses, and acoustic and electronic items for musicians. Tama products include drums, drum hardware (pedals, stands, racks), and parts. Hoshino (U.S.A.) was established as Elger in 1971; the name was changed in 1980.

Contact Information
              Address: 1726 Winchester Rd.
              Bensalem, PA 19020
              Phone: 215-638-8670
              Fax: 215-245-8583

Hope this helps!!

Comment

Hard to think of a model that even has a maple fretboard. The only one I can think of is the Paul Gilbert model (which I'd love to get my hands on).
                Ibanez RG1570: stock
                Squier Strat: stock

Next on the list: an amp that isn't crap!

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
                  thats the same one jason becker used i believe
                  Methinks Jason Becker exclusively used Hurrican Guitars. I've never seen a picture of him with an Ibanez, and the guitar he is most commonly seen with is the Hurricane with the numbers on the frets to indicate what fret it was, which is funny, because I'm sure he didn't need those. He was great...

Comment

i wish i could have that jason becker guitar
                    hopefully i could get a body and neck like that from warmoth or something.
                    that would so freaking awesome!!

Comment

Originally posted by JSS
                      Methinks Jason Becker exclusively used Hurrican Guitars. I've never seen a picture of him with an Ibanez, and the guitar he is most commonly seen with is the Hurricane with the numbers on the frets to indicate what fret it was, which is funny, because I'm sure he didn't need those. He was great...
                      Jason did use an Ibanez that looked very similar to this one. I will do some research into that. The endorsement with Hurricane was landed at the same time that Cacaphony got signed with Shrapnel records, hence the photo of Friedman and Becker displaying their Hurricane guitars. By the second album for Shrapnel (Go Off!), they had landed an endorsement from Carvin guitars, which is what appears in that cover photo. When I saw Cacaphony on tour for this album, they played everything from Ibanez and Jackson, to Carvin and even an old Strat! I think they both were and are of the theory that whatever gets the job done is the perfect guitar ...

Comment

That sucks. My favorite Ibanez (3120TW) has been discontinued too. But if you search around some shops you can probably find one that still has one in stock.

Comment

YUHUU, Ibanez is discontinuing models, maybe they´ll finally go belly up soon
                          Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

hmmm

Well ive checked around and found a couple of sites that still carry em. They are small business sites, but seem fairly legitimate.

I suppose I could try and build one myself...

Just need the body, pickguard, neck... ahhh, i dont kno. Should I attempt to build it if i cant get a REAL RG1550 Ibanez???

Comment

Originally posted by stevie ray
                              hmmm

Well ive checked around and found a couple of sites that still carry em. They are small business sites, but seem fairly legitimate.

I suppose I could try and build one myself...

Just need the body, pickguard, neck... ahhh, i dont kno. Should I attempt to build it if i cant get a REAL RG1550 Ibanez???
                              2 words: War Moth
                              Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

Working...
                              X