polytone BASS amps for GUITAR use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• polytone BASS amps for GUITAR use

well, my guitar teach has a polytone bass amp. for lessons, i allways plug into this behemouth. its like 100 watts through a single 15 inch speaker, or something giant like that.

anyway, this thing has sick sick tone for a s.s. amp. actually, it rivals most tube amps. its in that ballpark, which is good for a s.s. amp.

imo, its the best jazz amp out there. this one is from the 70's i think, but its killer for guitar sounds, mostly warm blues and jazz sounds. its the best jazz amp ive found.

polytone makes reissues now, but they just dont give the same mmmffff, you know what i mean?

anyway, just wanted to give a review, hopefulle someone will find it interesting....
    esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
    fender mim standard strat
    peavey classic 30
    johnson j-station
    original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
    dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
    yamaha f-310p acoustic
    taylor 410 acoustic
    "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Re: polytone BASS amps for GUITAR use

yeah its interesting......... i suppose i could tell a related story about playin guitars through bass amps...

over the summer, i went to memphis, and on Beale Street of course... and there were bands lining the street, but there happened to be a very old man sittin on a bench with an ole tele... id have to say that guy was at least 80 years old... and hes just sittin there crankin out the blues on his tele, but i noticed the tone was so thick and farty, it was still good, cause it was raunchy and FAT..... then i took a peak at his amps to his side and he was playin a Trace Elliot bass amp into 3 1X15 speaker cabs...... i talked to the old guy afterwards about his gear and his years in music....unfortunately i had to leave , but i could have listened to him the whole night just talk about his life in music...

just a side story....the next guy playin down from the old man was a young guy in his 20s.....he was playin a homemade guitar made out of a cigar box, broom sticks for the neck, and sewing machine magnets for the pickups.......but the key thing was, he was SINGING, playin GUITAR AND BASS, and playin DRUMS all at the SAME TIME......it was insane, the guys rhythm and focus was unbelievable....
    http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
    >cord<
    1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Re: polytone BASS amps for GUITAR use

Originally posted by flank
      just a side story....the next guy playin down from the old man was a young guy in his 20s.....he was playin a homemade guitar made out of a cigar box, broom sticks for the neck, and sewing machine magnets for the pickups.......but the key thing was, he was SINGING, playin GUITAR AND BASS, and playin DRUMS all at the SAME TIME......it was insane, the guys rhythm and focus was unbelievable....

holy cow!!!
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Working...
      X