how to properly these guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to properly these guitars?

ok, i've noticed that ever since i've gotten my green charvel that i haven't playing my decked out epi. les paul and my other decked out charvel model 1.
    i put sperzel tuners, and a DD in my les paul and i dont really know how to set it up. how do i properly intonate a tune-o-matic bridge? and how do i properly use the sperzel tuners?

now to my charvel:

i dont know how to properly intonate a vintage style trem that it has on it. so can someone show me how to intonate it properly. and how do you guys intonate both bridges?

thanks

Re: how to properly these guitars?

Don't snooze during the intonation threads! LOL

1. Put fresh strings on your guitar and tune it to the tuning you'll always use.

2. Set the action height so the strings are as low as possible with as little buzz as possible

3. Adjust the truss rod so that the neck is straight. If you hold down the first fret E and 14th fret, there should be a small sliver of light between the E string and 7th fret.

4. When the guitar plays the way you want it to, go to the final intonation step.
    Using a good tuner, make sure every note on the fretboard from around the 10th fret to the 19th reads dead center on the tuner's needle. If you're checking those notes against the 'in tune' open note, they all should read dead center. If any of those notes are sharp, move the saddle toward the butt end of the guitar. If any are flat, move the saddle toward the neck. Make sure you retune all the open notes in between any step you make with the screwdriver. The concept is the same for Gibson or Fender type saddles. They all move left or right. Copy this post, and use it as a guide when you sit down with your guitar. If you can't get the guitar sounding perfect, take it to someone who's done intonation jobs and have them explain it as they show you.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

thanks gearjoneser!

now can anyone tell me how to properly use the sperzels? would it be the same idea that Scott posted about?

Comment

Just pull the string through the post so it's got just a tiny bit of slack, tighten the bolt on the back, then wind it till it's in tune. Ideally, there should be one or two wraps around the post. You can choose to bend the loose end on an angle or simply snip it off. I usually bend them on a right angle, then trim it half a centimeter away from the post.
        Originally posted by Boogie Bill
        I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Working...
        X