PRS SE Soapbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS SE Soapbar

Anyone here played one of these yet? Harmony Central has some glowing revues, but HC tends to give everything high marks. Big chunky neck I hear, p'ups a little on the low output side. I'm jonesing BAD for a P90 rig, what should I be looking for in the $600 and under range?

epi gold top

squier tele with duncan design p90's looks pretty good too for 300 (i think)

used les paul special but those have p100's
    Cleveland Guitars

Comment

Yeah, I played a Les Paul Special, the P100's sounded a bit neutered to me, too close to humbucking territory. I haven't played too many Epi's that I liked, they just feel a little cheap to me. So far I've been looking at Godin LG P90's and the new PRS SE Soapbar. I'm hoping I get lucky and find an older used LP Special made before they put the P100's in them.

Comment

you can find the SE soapbar for under $400 on ebay.... i have been wanting a p90 guitar .... the squier tele with the p90s looks pretty cool too
        '05 Gibson SG Standard
        '07 Gibson Sg Standard Emg 81/85
        PRS IRW McCarty
        '92 Fender MIA Telecaster
        82 Usa Epiphone Spirit w/ Dirtyfingers

Comment

The SE Soapbars, from what I've gathered, are fine guitars. Just because they are PRS' lower line doesn't mean they have to suck.
          Originally posted by kevlar3000
          I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
          Originally posted by Zerberus
          Better is often the enemy of good
          Originally posted by ginormous
          Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
            X