X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just scored a Custom Tele for cheap on Ebay

Originally posted by xerxes
    12 inch radius? thats pretty small no?
    Nope, that's just poi-fect! Congrats GJ! Whadda piece!

Comment

I now know when GJ is on the prowl and will not enter any auction if he's put in a bid - b**tard !!
      Normans Guitars

Comment

Originally posted by Xeromus
        Swamp ass is the wood as we affectionally call it
        Why do you not like swamp ash?

It's proven Schecters vintage stuff is superior. It's also shown through years upon years that swamp ash is an amazing body wood for a Tele. I don't want to sound rude, but basswood, while a very balanced wood, just doesn't compare IMHO. There's a punch and a sparkle that swamp ash offers that just makes it perfect for a guitar like that.
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I remember the Schecter Custom Shop in LA; very very good stuff. IMO, you got a gem!
          -Butch Snyder
          butchsnyder.com

Never cut your nose off to spite your face. It never grows back...

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
            Why do you not like swamp ash?

It's proven Schecters vintage stuff is superior. It's also shown through years upon years that swamp ash is an amazing body wood for a Tele. I don't want to sound rude, but basswood, while a very balanced wood, just doesn't compare IMHO. There's a punch and a sparkle that swamp ash offers that just makes it perfect for a guitar like that.
            swamp ass? I didn't say I don't like it. It's a good guitar wood. It's just funny when someone brings a swamp ash guitar into the shop. Well look it's swamp ass! it's lame but good for a chuckle

Comment

Oops... sorry (open mouth, insert foot)
              Originally posted by kevlar3000
              I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
              Originally posted by Zerberus
              Better is often the enemy of good
              Originally posted by ginormous
              Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by BS123
                I remember the Schecter Custom Shop in LA; very very good stuff. IMO, you got a gem!
                You know it's a gem when every Email you get by the seller involves sniveling about giving up his $2000 beauty for the price of a used Am. Std.

I almost feel bad taking it from him. He keeps telling me that I've scored one of the most truly exceptional Tele's he's ever played! I'm dying to get it now!

I want to keep the silver sparkle/rosewood ASAT Z-3 I got last month, but two Tele's in two months is pushing it, financially. Anyone want a mint
                Z-3 silver sparkle/alder body/rosewood, w/black pickguard & white pickguard?
                Case incl. $750 + shipping gets it. Take your time to decide, but PM me if interested.
                Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
                  You know it's a gem when every Email you get by the seller involves sniveling about giving up his $2000 beauty for the price of a used Am. Std.

I almost feel bad taking it from him. He keeps telling me that I've scored one of the most truly exceptional Tele's he's ever played! I'm dying to get it now!

I want to keep the silver sparkle/rosewood ASAT Z-3 I got last month, but two Tele's in two months is pushing it, financially. Anyone want a mint
                  Z-3 silver sparkle/alder body/rosewood, w/black pickguard & white pickguard?
                  Case incl. $750 + shipping gets it. Take your time to decide, but PM me if interested.
                  Sell it on e-bay GJ then I'll use the same (dirty) tactics as you and get it for less than $100 - hehe!!
                  Normans Guitars

Comment

Allright!!!!!!!!!! I just got the Fedex containing my NOS Sunset Custom Tele!

I'm speechless. I've been playing it for the past half hour, and it's got a stupid good neck! The fretwork is topnotch, there's NO fretwear, and the seller even had it professionally setup with new strings. I usually commence into setting up a guitar as soon as I receive it, but not this time!

If you notice the pics....when looking down at the neck heel from a playing position, it looks slightly contoured. Besides the headstock, that's the only real difference between this one and most other Teles. The neck is unfinished maple/rosewood, and the body is satin Swamp Ash. The guitar is in 99.99 condition. I'm going to call Schecter and date the serial number, but I'm guessing it's a 90-92.

This also means my G&L Asat Z-3 is going up for sale. It's a great guitar, but this one suits me more. I've never been the biggest fan of Schecters, but this one was handmade on Sunset Blvd, before moving to Japan, then Burbank.
                    There's no difference in quality between this and all of the Suhr's, Andersons, and Fender Custom Shops I've played on. What a STEAL! $663!
                    Last edited by Gearjoneser; 05-17-2004, 04:41 PM.
                    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
                    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

congrats, now you have to post clips of that bad boy.

Comment

Working...
                      X