Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Blues Junior

Anyone have input about this amp?

I want to down size my rig and just use a dynacomp with the amp reverb and was wondering about this lil cutie.

I play country with a little bluesy grit. My main guitar is a tele with texas special pups.

Thanx for any input guys, it is appreciated.

Re: Fender Blues Junior

I have a blonde B Jr that's the amp I play most. Several clips on my site were cut with that amp. I have a Jensen RI C12N and JJ tubes in mine.

Very good, versatile amps, capable of playing country, but you'll want tubes with clean headroom. If you get JJ's from Bob at Eurotubes, he can hook you up for your style.

there's also plenty of info on these amps over on the Fender Forum, in the Blues Junior Mafia.
    "music heals"
    facebook

Comment

personally, i like the peavey classic 30 better (i can just see curly going "not again with this kid hijacking another blues junior thread!" lol). but i just think its a better sounding amp, and i also think its better quality. i ahve seen and played both, and the nobs and little things on the fender seemed "cheap". also, the reverb is much much better on the classic 30 if you want good reverb.
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I have a Blues Jr., and my brother-in-law has a Classic 30. Both are great amps, and you can't really go wrong with either.
        "Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive."
        - C.S. Lewis

Comment

I was considering the the classic 30 as (look out) I have never been a fan of Fender amps.

Comment

hehehe

deffinately try the classic 30 then. terrific blues and jazzy sounds, and can get a nice, pure, great country sound....
            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
            fender mim standard strat
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I've had my tweed Blues Junior for years and love it. Unlike many guys I haven't replaced the speaker, although I may sometime in the future. The reverb is weak, not like the classic Fender reverb, but I find it's adequate for just a touch of 'verb, in the 1 to 3 range.

It's a very sweet toned amp for blues and classic rock and it's a VERY strong 15 watts. As I said, I love it.
              John Cipollina August 24, 1943 - May 29, 1989

Comment

I like my Blues Jr. a lot, but only after replacing the speaker with a Weber ceramic Blue Dog. Also, the reverb is lame. I can't understand why Tech 21 can get really good reverb out of the $245 TradeMark 10 solid state amp and Fender doesn't bother with this amp.

Here's the link to the Blues Jr. Mafia thread. It's somewhere in the recent past - the thing goes on forever. Bill Machrone (sp?) is one of the main gurus when it comes to the Blues Jr.

Chip
                Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
                X