X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mincer
    replied
    Re: Modded Myself My Own Ibanez TS7..Love It

i really like my TS7..I have a TS5 too, but I just love the TS7's boost switch...I am planning on finding another TS7 and probably will sell my TS5 soon.

Leave a comment:

• proxy
    replied

Ah, thanks for explaining. I think I'm gonna be making a Tube screamer if I can find a good design on the net. My digital class is gonna be making some pcbs for some stupid project that makes leds flash, i might as well have fun and make a tubescreamer and buy the components.

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Curly
    proxy,
    nothing's drilled .. he used the switch that's on the pedal. I think John just meant it was the same part as used on a TS5.
    Exactly...Both the TS5 and the TS7 use the identical switch.On the TS7 it's mounted and tightened down pretty well both on the pcb and on the pedal's chassis...This same switch on a TS5 is very intermittent because the board flexes and causes occassional non-switching situations...Both pedals are great but the TS7 has a better case,locking pots,and that very cool boost switch that brings the volume,mids,and lows right up front...

John

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied

Originally posted by proxy
    By mounted switch, you mean like a push button switch that you can buy that you drill into the chassis? I remember seeing some mods that involved that, but does it really change it that much for the better?
    proxy,
    nothing's drilled .. he used the switch that's on the pedal. I think John just meant it was the same part as used on a TS5.

Leave a comment:

• proxy
    replied

By mounted switch, you mean like a push button switch that you can buy that you drill into the chassis? I remember seeing some mods that involved that, but does it really change it that much for the better?

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Curly
    I've neglected to thank John for the great job he did on my TS7 and another SD-1, which makes four pedals he's done nice mods on that are all "gig-worthy" now.

As soon as he told me he did a TS7 for Chip, I sent mine, because I do like the package it comes in and just thought the tone could be improved. I do have a number of Tubescreamers, and I like that compressed lead tone, but I also like using them in a subtle way with chords as well - that's the great thing about tubescreamers is they retain note separation on chords.

anyway, I haven't really given the TS7 a proper workout yet, just played it a few times - sounds full and punchy, but I'd like to make a couple clips and do a proper review soon.

thanks, John!
    Thanks Curly....Anything for you buddy...You are a special friend to me thanks to the forums..

John

Leave a comment:

• Curly
    replied

I've neglected to thank John for the great job he did on my TS7 and another SD-1, which makes four pedals he's done nice mods on that are all "gig-worthy" now.

As soon as he told me he did a TS7 for Chip, I sent mine, because I do like the package it comes in and just thought the tone could be improved. I do have a number of Tubescreamers, and I like that compressed lead tone, but I also like using them in a subtle way with chords as well - that's the great thing about tubescreamers is they retain note separation on chords.

anyway, I haven't really given the TS7 a proper workout yet, just played it a few times - sounds full and punchy, but I'd like to make a couple clips and do a proper review soon.

thanks, John!

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    replied

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
    Hey John -

Thanks again for the mods to the TS-7. You turned a worthless pedal into a really fun one. The "Hot" setting really is the bomb!

FWIW the "TS9" setting on mine sounds just a little bit more compressed than my Route 66 overdrive - not bad, just different. I'm pretty much leaving the boost switch on "Hot" and loving it.

Chip
    Cool Chip..Glad you like your TS7...I guess compressed tone isn't always a bad thing for solos,though I don't find myself using a TS for chords as much as I use it for leads...

John

Leave a comment:

• Fresh_Start
    replied

Hey John -

Thanks again for the mods to the TS-7. You turned a worthless pedal into a really fun one. The "Hot" setting really is the bomb!

FWIW the "TS9" setting on mine sounds just a little bit more compressed than my Route 66 overdrive - not bad, just different. I'm pretty much leaving the boost switch on "Hot" and loving it.

Chip

Leave a comment:

• STRATDELUXER97
    started a topic Modded Myself My Own Ibanez TS7..Love It

Modded Myself My Own Ibanez TS7..Love It

I've modded both Curly and Fresh Start their TS7s....I Liked the way they sounded so much that I bought one off E Bay and just completed one for myself...The TS7 uses the cheesy TS5 switch but since it's mounted much better doesn't cause any switching problems...What I really like though,is the price,quality,and features of this pedal and the boost switch is just too cool for singing Santana,Allman Brothers leads etc..I Payed $37 total form ine with shipping and then did the 808 output resistor mods,replaced the opamp,and then just retweaked the circuit via better caps and overall value changes...Just thought I'd share some satisfaction with my forum buddies before turning in for the night...Good night to you all and Happy Mother's Day!

John
Working...
X