Pushing My Tube Amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pushing My Tube Amp

I'm really leaning towards this idea http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW I hate how my deville's gain channels sound but I've never turned the master volume past 3 or 4 (because it's too damn loud), I have a POD 2.0 and that sounds too fake/ processed. The only other thing I'm thinking about doing is getting an old tube screamer. help please
    Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
    JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
    Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
    Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
    Dunlop Classic Crybaby
    Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Re: Pushing My Tube Amp

I don't know about that thing. I'd go for a THD or a Weber before I took a chance on something like that ( the price alone sends up a Red Flag to Me ). I use an old TS-808 Tubescreamer to push my Marshall JCM 800's. All I've ever needed. Anyone out there know about this " Volume Box " from the ebay link ????
    Only The Strong Survive

Comment

come on guys, I'm sure that out of 20+ views somebody knows a thing or two.
      Fender MIA Strat (Blue/Red Velvets)
      JB Player Strat (Norton/PAF Pro w/ 5way superswitch)
      Fender HotRod Deville 212 Cleans baby clean.
      Vox Valvetronix 30w AWESOME!!!!!
      Dunlop Classic Crybaby
      Do you know any geniuses, I wish I knew myself better.

Comment

I seem to recall reading somewhere that you can do the same thing with an EQ in the effects loop, maybe somebody who knows more than I do about it will weigh in. Or then again i could be completely wrong about that.

Comment

Don't buy that thing, it's crap.

Comment

Stay away.

All it is is a volume knob that you stick in your effects loop. It basically acts the same as the master volume on a Marshall (or the output knob on a Mesa).

It will let you get preamp distortion, but won't help you get power amp distortion. If you have a master volume, this device is useless. If you don't and want one, get a tech to install one, it will work much better in the end.

It's garbage.
            || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

You get what you pay for is not just a saying, its a rule to live by.. sure there are deals out there but research research research then try it out first (most important)

Comment

Dont buy. It acts like a master volume, this is pure crap. About 95% of the amps equiped with Efx loop have a Master Volume, and by turning the MV all the way up and using this ****ty box thru your Efx loop, you wont get any power tube saturation, as the signal feeding them will not be hot enough.

Do yourself a favor and buy a Volume Pedal and run it thru your Efx Loop, you'll then have much more control of your volume.

Or if you really want to crank your amp to achieve real power tube overdrive, then you must buy yourself an attenuator. Email or PM me and I'll give you 10% discount on a brand-new Weber MASS
                Last edited by Thames; 05-11-2004, 07:17 AM.
                Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

And yes, those Devilles are way too loud !! Lots of clean headroom. And I agree, the Drive and More Drive channels sound ugly.
                  Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
                  X