Headstock damage :( please help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headstock damage :( please help...

My worst hours!!!Yesterday our cleaner dropped my Heritage H-147 on the floor while cleaning my room!!!When I looked at it the back of the headstock joining the point of the last tuner cracked like a line through the neck join of the headstock...well I was totally horrified I bought it only a month ago and I loved it so much!!!Is it possible for a repair that it becomes like nothing happened...and does it affect the tone or tension of the spring,intonation etc...?I am really upset and pissed off...you get a great hand-made usa guitar,look after it like a baby and in just a few seconds an uncareful cleaner terrorist destroys it!!!
    Hey guys I know you could understand my feelings cause you're like me we're all the same...I could appreciate some help and advice...is it possible to save my baby???
    90' Heritage H-147 w/Schaller Golden 50's
    99' USA Fender Stratocaster
    96' Fender Montara Electric/Acoustic
    79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

Oh man, I feel for you. That is painful stuff. I'll start a prayer circle!

Unless I'm misunderstanding what happened there should be no problem getting it fix. Good luthiers can make some pretty heinous **** look brand new. I've seen headstocks that broke clean off or necks that were cracked in half repaired with hardly a trace. It'll cost ya a couple bucks, but you should be able to get it fixed. Since it is a headstock only kinda thing I doubt it'd effect the tone much, if at all.

Good luck!

Mike

Comment

thanks pal...it makes me feel better when there are other people that share my thoughts...I appreciate that...I'll pray that it could be repaired well...
      79' Fender Twin Reverb 135W w/JBL's + Line 6 DM-4 + Boss OD-1 Overdrive + MXR DynaComp + Boss CH-1 Super Chorus + Jim Dunlop Crybaby

Comment

Check out the work this guy does. If you are looking for a repair guy. he is the best! www.mirabellaguitars.com
        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

That sucks! I told my maid that nothing gets moved in the music room. Dust or mop around equipment but dont touch. Man, this makes me what to put everything in cases when she comes over. Hope everything works out OK for you.

J
          Low wattage rocks!
          Bumbox Lead 1
          Orange Tiny Terror
          Vox 120VTH
          ----------------------
          Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
          Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

sorry bro .. I know that feeling ... like oh man its allll over.

but yes ~ a really good repairman can do wonders!

good luck to you.. ~G

[hey ~J~ nice avatar!]
            "I don't care if you boo .. just boo in key!" JH

Pups ~> duncan ~ WCR ~ VOODOO by Peter Florance!

Guitars ~> Gibson ~ G&L ~ Guild ~ Fender ~ ESP ~ Heritage

Comment

THat sucks dude !

My mom dropped my fender strat many times over, but u can't possibly break it...

I mean u can literally jump on the neck and surf around on it.

Fire the cleaner!!!
              my youtubes Instagram Medium blog
              A few original tunes: "The Grand Eclipse" and "Timeless Moments"

Comment

A good luthier can make it better than ever

I hope you have a few in your area, although somebody skilled in SAZ-Repair may also be able to help you if not (Assuming you´re really in Istanbul)
                Zerberus Industries: Where perfection just isn't good enough.

Listen to my music at http://www.soundclick.com/infiniteending and www.subache.com

Comment

thank you all...today I've taken my guitar to a good luthier and he said he could do it perfectly and I won't see anything at all...also he said that this kind of crack won't affect the tone or else...well that makes me feel better but I'll always know that it had a defect though and it won't be like original anymore ...that's the worst part...the uniqueness of the guitar dissapeared to me...its like buying an used car and then learning that it had had a very bad accident earlier...anyway I'd like to thank everyone...I hope he can do it well and save my baby...

Comment

My moron friends have knocked over my Heritage 150 several times without breaking the neck...although they did dent the headstock!

Comment

I remember when I got my first nice guitar(Ibanez S540) in high school. It was about 2 weeks old and a non-guitar playing friend of mine was looking at it and lifted it up in the air and jammed the headstock right into the ceiling fan. Took a nice ding out of the finish. Oh man, that blew. And what do you do? My friend is all "I'm so sorry"...what is being mad at him gonna do? He certainly isn't gonna pay to fix it....uggh, I hate that stuff...

Mike

Comment

I hate to say this But what have we learned from this........
                        NEVER NEVER NEVER leave you guitar on a stand!!!!When you are done playing it wipe down, and put it back in the case!
                        "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                        "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

That's what you get for not cleaning your own room.
                          My Bands -
                          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
                          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
                          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
                          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

well I clean my room allways she only does the vacuum cleaner job and thats how she managed to fell the guitar...she hit it with the pipe of the vacuum cleaner and it fell down!...she's our maid for 14 years...there's nothing I can do to go back so I hope my luthier could do the job...

Comment

Working...
                            X