Home Theater Guitar Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Home Theater Guitar Experience

You wouldn't necessarily need a system that would turn on and off, depending on which room you're in. The faders on your line mixer could be used to send signals to whatever room/s your speakers are in. I have some old studio monitors sitting around.
    I may plug them into my Valvetronix head and see how they sound. I'd like to figure out how to make my guitar fit right into the mix of CD's that are playing, so I can jam along with them. It would be cooler to hear it that way, rather than just playing
    out of an amp in unison with a stereo system. If I can do this with gear I already have, it would be a fun experiment.
    Originally posted by Boogie Bill
    I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Very sweet, if not too sweet!

Now, just gotta find a woman that'll put up with that!...and maybe hand me the screwdriver...

Comment

Originally posted by TwilightOdyssey
        When I play my Korg PXR4 thru my Audio Research preamp and VHT monoblocks to either my Sonus Faber or Thiel loudspeakers,
        Love those speakers. I've been thinking about a pair of Thiel to run off my Plinius amp.

So hard to balance spending between guitars and hi-fi

Those Sonus Faber speakers look beautiful too.

Comment

the biggest problem with doin this, would be how to control the amp/digital modeler. most if not all modeler are proprietary in how they implement their code and switching (unless its midi)/ if the market is there, they will do it, though.
          currently, i am in the process of designing a wireless control system for my amps. no more umbilical cable!!! or if you are really ambitious, no more floorboard.

germ
          Jeremy Ledford
          Tone Guru Extroardinaire
          Tone Shop

Comment

I suppose a line 6 floorboard could be scooted underneath your sofa, till you pull it out.
            This system is more like your typical modeling amp setup, only the speakers would be mounted up high and possibly have a subwoofer in a corner. Also, your music could be pumped through the same system as your guitar, so it would all sound mixed.
            It's not really that different from many people's computer recording setup, just bigger.

I suppose the only way to find out is to try it. The first step will be to see how a good modeler into a tube power amp into studio monitors would sound, then build from there.

Comment

I wondered about the speaker thing...

But then again, if you're doing this, why not throw a few greenbacks in the walls for dedicated guitar speakers?

Comment

I think it's a cool idea, but a better idea would be if more artists put thier recordings in dolby surround sound instead of only stereo. Hardly any artist go any farther than stereo when recording.

Comment

How about just a battery-powered amp that you wear as a backpack?

Comment

Now, if only I had a house worthy of installing this expensive contraption! He He.

Comment

Working...
                    X