replied
    Re: Fender Is On The JOB!

the light ash strats and teles use alnico II's

Leave a comment:

• UCSDBoy
    replied

Originally posted by Thames
    I'm still very impressed by what Fender has done during the last few years...

- Improve drastically Mexican-made guitars
    - Called for help from Bill Lawrence to design a pickup (the new samarium cobalt)
    - Called for help to design a new vintage speaker from Ted Weber
    - Has made many new improvement to their vintage design (American Dlx 2004 models... check 'em!)

It's kinda rare that the big players like Fender call for help from third-parties/competitors to improve their products line. Thumbs up for Fender
    Hey don't forget Seymour Duncan! They even put Seymour Duncan single coils (anyone know vintage, a2?) on a new sunburst ash strat I saw at GC!

Leave a comment:

• Thames
    replied

I'm still very impressed by what Fender has done during the last few years...

- Improve drastically Mexican-made guitars
    - Called for help from Bill Lawrence to design a pickup (the new samarium cobalt)
    - Called for help to design a new vintage speaker from Ted Weber
    - Has made many new improvement to their vintage design (American Dlx 2004 models... check 'em!)

It's kinda rare that the big players like Fender call for help from third-parties/competitors to improve their products line. Thumbs up for Fender

Leave a comment:

• jeremy
    replied

ive got 2. a splatter with a qp bridge, vintage middle and custom neck and a 2001 with a flame maple neck that has some custom lace sensors by donzo. good guitars, not the same as my hamer daytona but nice and not too pricey

Leave a comment:

• UCSDBoy
    replied

I agree - mim strat is a great value for the money... the pickups still suck though. =)

Leave a comment:

• Rich_T
    replied

i swear by my mexi strat. there is nothing else that could take the hammering it gets and still stay in one peice, let alone in tune. Fender aer churning out some really awesome products.

Leave a comment:

• telerifik
    started a topic Fender Is On The JOB!

Fender Is On The JOB!

I have not owned a Mexican Tele since the early 90s, so I decided to order one and these lil things have grown leaps and bounds. They are not out of the box tweaked like american ones but a lil tweaking and this thing is sweeeeeeeeeet.

I will post pics as soon as I am done tweaking it.

Changes To Be Made:

Different P'guard
    Sperzels
    Vintage Noiseless Pups (however the ones in it sound GREAT)
    ElectroSocket
    Dome Knobs
    "F" Logo Neckplate
    Copper Shielding
Working...
X