Fender Is On The JOB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Is On The JOB!

I have not owned a Mexican Tele since the early 90s, so I decided to order one and these lil things have grown leaps and bounds. They are not out of the box tweaked like american ones but a lil tweaking and this thing is sweeeeeeeeeet.

I will post pics as soon as I am done tweaking it.

Changes To Be Made:

Different P'guard
    Sperzels
    Vintage Noiseless Pups (however the ones in it sound GREAT)
    ElectroSocket
    Dome Knobs
    "F" Logo Neckplate
    Copper Shielding

Re: Fender Is On The JOB!

i swear by my mexi strat. there is nothing else that could take the hammering it gets and still stay in one peice, let alone in tune. Fender aer churning out some really awesome products.
    "I believe the truth is not told between 9 and 5." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I agree - mim strat is a great value for the money... the pickups still suck though. =)

Comment

ive got 2. a splatter with a qp bridge, vintage middle and custom neck and a 2001 with a flame maple neck that has some custom lace sensors by donzo. good guitars, not the same as my hamer daytona but nice and not too pricey

Comment

I'm still very impressed by what Fender has done during the last few years...

- Improve drastically Mexican-made guitars
          - Called for help from Bill Lawrence to design a pickup (the new samarium cobalt)
          - Called for help to design a new vintage speaker from Ted Weber
          - Has made many new improvement to their vintage design (American Dlx 2004 models... check 'em!)

It's kinda rare that the big players like Fender call for help from third-parties/competitors to improve their products line. Thumbs up for Fender
          Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Originally posted by Thames
            I'm still very impressed by what Fender has done during the last few years...

- Improve drastically Mexican-made guitars
            - Called for help from Bill Lawrence to design a pickup (the new samarium cobalt)
            - Called for help to design a new vintage speaker from Ted Weber
            - Has made many new improvement to their vintage design (American Dlx 2004 models... check 'em!)

It's kinda rare that the big players like Fender call for help from third-parties/competitors to improve their products line. Thumbs up for Fender
            Hey don't forget Seymour Duncan! They even put Seymour Duncan single coils (anyone know vintage, a2?) on a new sunburst ash strat I saw at GC!

Comment

the light ash strats and teles use alnico II's

Comment

Originally posted by Kyuss_Rock
                i swear by my mexi strat. there is nothing else that could take the hammering it gets and still stay in one peice, let alone in tune. Fender aer churning out some really awesome products.

i dropped mine out of my 2 story room once and all it needed was a trust rod adjustment!

i have a 96 one, and it sat under a shelf case for 5 years before i got it! also, the stock pups i love!
                esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                fender mim standard strat
                peavey classic 30
                johnson j-station
                original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                yamaha f-310p acoustic
                taylor 410 acoustic
                "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

anyone recommend me a descent quality Mexican Strat?

Tell me the price too

I love strats, i used to have one, but i sold it for something more 'radical' and more 'metal'... Anyway, Im not as into metal as I was some while ago... I wanna strat so i can do some nice bluesy stuff :smoke:
                  <Insert awesome equipment here>

Fender MIM Midnite Wine Satin Strat
                  Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue Amp
                  Boss BD-2 Blues Driver overdrive

and a couple guitar picks

Comment

Mexican Standard...just buy one.
                    green globe burned black by sunn

Comment

This thread should be changed to "Fender appreciation".

All kidding aside, I agree with Thames. Fender is really on the ball. If they keep at it, they'll be blowing competitors like Gibson out of the water. They're really putting out great products at low prices. It's still true some of the guitars are "hit or miss", but to me I'm starting to find a lot more "hits" and very few "misses". I really liked the Highway 1 Teles I've played, the pups do something for me. The necks feel great as well, but alas... I do not need a Tele... I have another guitar on my mind
                      Originally posted by kevlar3000
                      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                      Originally posted by Zerberus
                      Better is often the enemy of good
                      Originally posted by ginormous
                      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Originally posted by stevie ray
                        anyone recommend me a descent quality Mexican Strat?

anyone really. try them in a store first...
                        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
                        fender mim standard strat
                        peavey classic 30
                        johnson j-station
                        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
                        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
                        yamaha f-310p acoustic
                        taylor 410 acoustic
                        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
                        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I have been tweaking the tele all day and this just blows my mind. I have not had a MIM tele in so long, I did not know about many of the kick ass updates.

I put the vintage noiseless in and to be honest I am not sure they even sound as good as the ones that were in it out of the box.

Comment

I recommend any of the vintage reissues. I'm not so hot on the standards, but the have more modern features, if that's your thing.

My MIM tele custom is a great guitar. It's just back from duty in a friend's bands' video shoot.

The thing with any fender is to try as many as you can. Some will sing, others won't.
                            Originally posted by Jolly
                            ...but then again, I'm so deaf I can't even hear myself fart.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
                              Tele that's gonna be a nice piece when you're done.Are you gonna do before and after pics?
                              That would have been they smart thing but I'm a lil

I will however have after pics.

Comment

Working...
                              X