Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fender Is On The JOB!

Originally posted by the_Chris
    This thread should be changed to "Fender appreciation".

All kidding aside, I agree with Thames. Fender is really on the ball. If they keep at it, they'll be blowing competitors like Gibson out of the water. They're really putting out great products at low prices. It's still true some of the guitars are "hit or miss", but to me I'm starting to find a lot more "hits" and very few "misses". I really liked the Highway 1 Teles I've played, the pups do something for me. The necks feel great as well, but alas... I do not need a Tele... I have another guitar on my mind
    In my opinion Gibsons are on a totaly different level but i agree they make awsome quality products which blow Most not all of the strat knock-offs which come close to the price of a real "taco-caster"

Comment

I was just looking at a real nice MIM strat at my local shop. I didnt have enough time to play it, but it sure looked great. If I had played it I probably would have bought it on the spot, but I'm gonna hold off for an American Strat.

Comment

Hmm...you're making me realise I haven't played my MIM Tele in a little while now. It's got SD vintage stacks, and sounds really nice. I really like Teles overall, they just have such a nice vibe.

One of my friends doesn't like em (he's got a Strat) but I think the bug will bite him sometime soon

Comment

I had the vintage noiseless pups in and did not like them. They sounded too much like the texas specials in my burton so I switched back to stock which I like better on this ones as I already have the burton sound and am looking for something new.

Comment

I tried the new Aerodyne strats and teles in black. The have a single coil bridge and P-90 neck, and the top is convex (contoured). I really liked those. I'm also glad to see the new series of American Std's that come with humbuckers and no pickguard. Some of those models would make Duncans sound way better than being mounted on a guard. Actually, the new Atomic humbuckers by Fender don't sound that bad!
            Originally posted by Boogie Bill
            I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by Gearjoneser
              I'm also glad to see the new series of American Std's that come with humbuckers and no pickguard... Actually, the new Atomic humbuckers by Fender don't sound that bad!
              Actually I think it's the American Deluxe's that don't have the pickguard.

And those Atomic humbuckers apparently are the same thing as the Fender DH-1 they use in the Fat Strats, just a different name. I'm just getting used to my new one now and it really retians it's clarity well. They're hot, very articulate, and a nice low end. The low end can tend to get a little "muddy" but not too bad. It sort of gives it some personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Thames
                I'm still very impressed by what Fender has done during the last few years...

- Improve drastically Mexican-made guitars
                - Called for help from Bill Lawrence to design a pickup (the new samarium cobalt)
                - Called for help to design a new vintage speaker from Ted Weber
                - Has made many new improvement to their vintage design (American Dlx 2004 models... check 'em!)

It's kinda rare that the big players like Fender call for help from third-parties/competitors to improve their products line. Thumbs up for Fender
                The Mexi stuff (and the Korean ones) have been getting better and better, the revamped American Deluxe series guitars are MINDBLOWING (and not as expensive as you'd think!) and those Lawrence-Fender noisless pickups are just jaw-droppingly good. as soon as those become available for aftermarket replacement I've got to have them.

Comment

Working...
                X