Vox/Marshall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vox/Marshall

Hey all, I got 3,000 dollars bruning a hole in my wallet (not really, it's not burning anything) so, I've tracked down a couple of used british amps.... get this:
    Marshall JCM 900 head & 4X12, a Vox AC-30TB and a Morely AB-Y box for 2,800 dollars (USD) so, this saturday, I'm checking 'em out and probably buying them. This is amazing. I'm so glad that I'm finally graduating out of the "Practice Amp Realm," (after only ever owning a Squier Champ-15b & a Kustom III/115)
    Oh, and, I'm back on the boards, boys.
    You can get a suprisingly good country guitar tone out of a Marshall Halfstack.

Re: Vox/Marshall

sounds awesome!

i played a jcm900 and it blew me away. sounded so good.

Comment

jeez man.....talk about a change in gear!
      http://www.myspace.com/wildcatdotdotdot

Fender Telecaster 1962 Reissue MIJ
      >cord<
      1968 Fender Twin Reverb

Comment

Good choices. What an upgrade! That's awesome man... I'm happy for you
        Originally posted by kevlar3000
        I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
        Originally posted by Zerberus
        Better is often the enemy of good
        Originally posted by ginormous
        Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

Congrats on the upgrade. I think you'll like both amps, but for different reasons!
          www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

I know, I LOVE the marshall distortion, but... the clean leaves me lacking. I LOVE the vox clean, but... the dirty leaves me listless.... so, I figured, while I have the money, I'll get both!

And, turns out.... Tom from Thursday uses this exact same setup... what a coincidence.

and... it is a BIG jump

Oh, I'll get ya'll picks asap
            Last edited by Indie P Bass; 05-11-2004, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Sounds good but I think you'd be paying too much.
              Make sure you play the DSL 50 and that JCM 900 before you choose one, then pay
              $650 for the head, $400 for the cab, and $1200 for the AC=30 Reissue.

I love the British sound. That's a classic rig!
              Originally posted by Boogie Bill
              I've got 60 guitars...but 49 trumpets is just...INSANITY! WTF!

Comment

If you like bands like Thursday, you should take a listen to one of my favorite bands, the Juliana Theory. The guitarist plays through a JCM900 as well. That should make you feel all warm and cozy and reaffirm your purchase decision
                Originally posted by kevlar3000
                I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
                Originally posted by Zerberus
                Better is often the enemy of good
                Originally posted by ginormous
                Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

I have a 900 50W combo. I A/B it with a Fender Super Reverb('69). I love the combination, but as GJ said, I think the price sounds kind of steep! Great Amps either way. Be prepared to play until your fingers bleed!! thats what Marshalls do to you!
                  "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                  "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

the ASKING price is around 2,800 for the pair.... lemme put this down for ya'll
                    Marshall JCM900 head: they're asking about 750, I'm'a try to bring them down to about 700 even.
                    The cab, they want 450, I'm shooting for 400
                    The vox (still under warranty) is 1400, I'm gonna try for at least 1300, since it's still under warranty. It'll rock.
                    wait, I just did the math, it's actually 2600.... with tax it's around 2800, but if I bartyr right: around 2600.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
                      If you like bands like Thursday, you should take a listen to one of my favorite bands, the Juliana Theory. The guitarist plays through a JCM900 as well. That should make you feel all warm and cozy and reaffirm your purchase decision
                      I love the JT, they're older stuff is amazing, but the last album really left my lacking.

Comment

Working...
                      X