Robert Keely Modded pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robert Keely Modded pedals

I have an Analog Man TS-9/808 mod and a Keeley TS-808 reissue/to original spec true bypass pedal and both are great. The Keeley is cleaner and more transparent and I use it for rythm crunch and the Analogman is for leads, with that tubescreamer mid sound.

Comment

A couple of you are using your modded DS-1 with a Rectifier. I'm thinking about getting one. How do you like it? I'm thinking about getting one and using it through the clean channel for solos. I'm looking for a bit more articulation and sustain in my tone. I can turn the preamp on my Single up (I run it at half, and that's enough gain for me), but my signal gets too distorted, I lose any articulation that I have. Let me know how you're using it with the Rectifier and how you like it.

Comment

my friend has a comp and blues driver and they ROCK!

Comment

Plain and simple answer. Get the Keeley TS mods or something similar. They are worth it. I can't even begin to tell you how useful they are. If you don't have any type of OD in front of your amp to drive the signal. You need to.
          Egnater M4 (2) Recto, Blackface, Plexi
          VHT 2502
          (2) Randal XLT 4X12
          (2) Jackson SL2H USA Soloist (SH-1n, TB-6b)
          Jackson SL1 (Classic Stack, Classic Stack, TB-6b)
          Keeley TS-9 Mod Plus & TS-9 Baked Mod
          http://www.robertkeeley.com
          Line 6 Echo Pro and Mod Pro
          Chandler Digital Echo Delay

Comment

I'm sending in my BD2 for a Phat mod next week... word is that it's a Fulltone killer.

Comment

Hey, any body who has the modded DS-1, does it really make a clean fender tube amp overdrive like a marshall?
              Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
              The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
                Hey, any body who has the modded DS-1, does it really make a clean fender tube amp overdrive like a marshall?
                Yep..Reminds me very much of the JCM 800 tone..

John
                Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

thanks a bunch john, i was thinking about getting one but i didnt know if all the hype was true, so thanks for the info
                  Gear: Carvin CT6 flame top(alnico 2 pro,JB), Strat scappoled fretboard(59,CC), Morgan monroe ovation knock-off, yamaha nylon acoustic,Boss super overdrive with TS-808 "silver" analogman mod, Boss DS-1 with keeley mod, Vox wah with true bypass mod, Fender Super Reverb 65.

Originally Posted by Jeff_H
                  The APH is like slipping into a tub of warm honey spashed with the silky essence of virgins.

Comment

Originally posted by fusion101
                    thanks a bunch john, i was thinking about getting one but i didnt know if all the hype was true, so thanks for the info
                    Best $39.99 you can spend...

John
                    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                      Best $39.99 you can spend...

John
                      Well hey the mods costs money ya know... I got my KDS-1 Ultra 2ndhand for 100 bux

I like to say that the stock DS1 to a Keeley DS1 is like comparing a firecracker to a concussion bomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                        I agree with kaknight (not often that happens, eh? bro? )

I've got a keeley modded ts-9 that is the best out there.
                        Scott_F: Is this that TS-9 pedal that Stratman gave you?

---

Stratman used to modify TS-9 pedals, until I played Keely's modified pedal that had a slightly smoother tone. . . (Brisk has one that I modified and he tells me that he love's it.)

Since then, I have tried several other Keely modified pedals and they are all great! I stopped modifying pedals because it's easier to just play Keely's and I do not have to simulate and disect the original circuits.

ENJOY!
                        Support Code 211 - Stop the bad boys, you know COPS!
                        When we do right nobody remembers when we do wrong nobody forgets!
                        Red Devils - 1% all the way!
                        Screw anyone who post negative crap on my post!
                        Finding out that there really is a lot of traffic on the Highway to Hell, but no waiting line on the Stairway to Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by B2D
                          Well hey the mods costs money ya know... I got my KDS-1 Ultra 2ndhand for 100 bux

I like to say that the stock DS1 to a Keeley DS1 is like comparing a firecracker to a concussion bomb.
                          Yes..Keeley's mods are great and also eat into your wallet...Why not learn to do your mods for yourself? Fun and very rewarding at the same time and the cash stays in your wallet...Pretty cool thought right?

A DS1 then is still just $39.99 like I said...

John

Comment

Originally posted by STRATDELUXER97
                            Yes..Keeley's mods are great and also eat into your wallet...Why not learn to do your mods for yourself? Fun and very rewarding at the same time and the cash stays in your wallet...Pretty cool thought right?

A DS1 then is still just $39.99 like I said...

John
                            How did you learn to mod pedals?

Comment

That Keely MT-2 Twighlight Zone mod looks pretty tasty... I wish I had more cash lol
                              • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
                              • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
                              • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
                              • G&L Tribute Comanche
                              • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
                              • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
                              • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wolf
                                How did you learn to mod pedals?
                                I actually started out on vintage tube amps many years ago and just learned alot about electronics as I went...There's also alot of parts replacing and trial and error and trusting your ears on the changes...In the early stages or first time mod of any pedal,it helps to have a schematic and also know how to interpret it...Today you can find info over the internet from folks like Keeley and try some mods yourself...This wasn't possible a number of years ago and most modders wouldn't share any info with anyone else..I Like to experiment and tweak and make things better and I've gotten pretty good at it..You have to also have some patience and be able to hold a soldering iron in the right hand... Ffor me these days it's amps,pedals,guitar setups and electronics,and messing with pickups and magnets....

John

Comment

Working...
                                X