Robert Keely Modded pedals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robert Keely Modded pedals

Any one with any experience with this guy. Looking at the Boss SD-1 Mod.

Thanks!!
    Walt

Re: Robert Keely Modded pedals

I don't have direct experience, but have heard nothing but good things about him.

PedalTweaker on this forum (aka John) does really nice mods for very reasonable prices - he's done a DS-1 and a TS-7 for me and both are great

Try a search for "SD-1" in here and you should find some other guys that had John mod their pedals. BTW he's not in business to do this - just does it as a favor to us fellow gearheads on this forum.

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

I'd say to go to John for any of the standard stuff. If you have some crazy pedal, he could probably tell you if he's knowledgable about the circuitry involved. He definitely sounds like he has a real ear for tone. If I had some need for a new pedal or to enhance a previous one, I wouldn't hesitate to contact him.

However, I have had experience with Robert Keely's stuff and I think he is amazing. If you don't feel comfortable with everyone telling you how great John is then you could always try Keely.
      Last edited by That90'sGuy; 05-12-2004, 10:28 AM.
      Originally posted by kevlar3000
      I learned a long time ago that the only thing that mattered regarding tone was what my ears thought.
      Originally posted by Zerberus
      Better is often the enemy of good
      Originally posted by ginormous
      Covers feed the body, originals feed the soul.

Comment

They're great, but very HI-FI with a focus on the lows.

Comment

I would recommend getting in touch with STRATDELUXER97, aka PedalTweaker, aka John S. in regards to the SD-1 mods. Like Chip, John has done some outstanding mods on 3 pedals for me; a TS-5 Tubescreamer, a Boss DS-1, and the SD-1. They all sound top-notch and are stand-alone effects in my chain.

Comment

Another Vote for Stratdeluxer97 !!! John is a super nice guy, and very knowledgeable.
            Only The Strong Survive

Comment

I got one of his modded DS-1's (the Ultra model) from mrid and it's MILES away from the stock one... awesome rock tone and one of the best DS pedals I've ever used. VERY good stuff!

Comment

Boss Keeley Ultra Mod DS-1 owner here, bought it through his website, recieved it fast!!!!!!!!!!! Easy as that.
                57 VOS Les Paul Goldtop
                62 Thin Skin Stratocaster
                Mesa Boogie Lone Star 212
                Baby Taylor
                sigpic

Comment

I have a keeley ts-9 and it is easily the best tubescreamer I have ever heard. good stuff, great service, great guy.
                  Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

I agree with kaknight (not often that happens, eh? bro? )

I've got a keeley modded ts-9 that is the best out there.

www.CelticAmplifiers.com

"You can't save everybody, everybody don't wanna be saved."

Comment

More props for the Keeley DS-1 Ultra. His compressor is excellent as well.
                      Gibson Les Paul Classic (C5/PG)
                      Heritage H-157 (500T/JP)
                      Fender American Deluxe Strat (JB/STK-S4/STK-S4)
                      Franken-Tokai (Custom8/Cool Rails/Hot Rails)
                      G&L ASAT Special
                      Mesa Trem-o-verb DR
                      Traynor YCV50 Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
                        I don't have direct experience, but have heard nothing but good things about him.

PedalTweaker on this forum (aka John) does really nice mods for very reasonable prices - he's done a DS-1 and a TS-7 for me and both are great

Try a search for "SD-1" in here and you should find some other guys that had John mod their pedals. BTW he's not in business to do this - just does it as a favor to us fellow gearheads on this forum.

Chip
                        Hello buddy and thanks again for the plugs...Actually I no longer use the "PedalTweaker" screen name and have opted for my current screen name..

John
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris
                          I'd say to go to John for any of the standard stuff. If you have some crazy pedal, he could probably tell you if he's knowledgable about the circuitry involved. He definitely sounds like he has a real ear for tone. If I had some need for a new pedal or to enhance a previous one, I wouldn't hesitate to contact him.

However, I have had experience with Robert Keely's stuff and I think he is amazing. If you want to play the safe route and don't feel comfortable with everyone telling you how great John is then you could always try Keely.
                          Thanks Chris....Since I only do the mods as a fun hobby and not to make a living at it,I Pretty much pick and choose to do what I'm really good at as far as the mods go..I really don't like spending alot of hours learning on a new pedal unless it's my own pedal to first experiment on...Robert Keeley is a great guy and his mods are really good also...I wouldn't say "Playing it safe" is the way to put this into perspective though....There are several pedals that I'm pretty knowledgable with and I Like to stick with those pedals...It's all good and don't forget about Analog Mike who started the mod craze way before Keeley...Mike is another nice guy who I've spoken to a few times..Call me modest about my mods and yes,I feel I do have a pretty good ear for tone! Thanks again for even mentioning me..

John
                          Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Originally posted by the_Chris

However, I have had experience with Robert Keely's stuff and I think he is amazing. If you want to play the safe route and don't feel comfortable with everyone telling you how great John is then you could always try Keely.
                            You've got mail....

Comment

Originally posted by Scott_F
                              I agree with kaknight (not often that happens, eh? bro? )

I've got a keeley modded ts-9 that is the best out there.
                              brothers in tone!
                              Fender Twin w/ Weber Speakers, keeley ts-9, RMC2 wah, EB MusicMan Axis Sport w/ p-90's, Heritage Les Paul (HC150) Custom Order w/ AIIpro/Custom shop bridge, various accoustics

Comment

Working...
                              X