Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godin LG series? Own? Opinion?

Hey Folks!
    Anyone own or picked up and played any of the Godin LG series guitars? I'm interested in both the humbucker and SP-90 models. I havent been able to find any around here to check out but they seem to have the features I want, especially the neck. I understand it to be more on the fat chunky side with lots of bend room. I'm an SRV Strat neck profile lover and wonder just how the neck profile on this series compares? Is it worth my while to make a journey to check one out? Any info would greatly be appreciated.

Jim

As a matter of fact, I played one the other day that had SP-90s ! Super smooth & creamy...but I was on the hunt for an acoustic & had to hold back !

The neck was slightly wider than I like & am used to, but bends were very easy with the extra room. Nice finish, nice set-up...really nice guitar for the money. I don't recall what the price was on that because I played a ton of guitars, but I do recall it wasn't gonna break the bank!

I'd give it a look if you're the slightest bit interested!
    Last edited by PUCKBOY99; 03-19-2004, 08:31 AM.

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
    Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
    FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I don't own one, but i like them alot. As puck boy said, they are not expensive either.
      MySpace!

2003 Gibson LesPaul Standard(lightburst) JB bridge / Jazz neck

2001 Fender MIA stratocaster (3-tone sunburst)SH-6 DD bridge stock middle and neck

2004 ESP LTD Viper-400 (white) EMG-81 set

Marshall DSL50

Mesa-Boogie Traditional Rectifier slant cab loaded with V-30's

Comment

I played a LGXT model the other day. I was really impressed! It played well (thinner neck + smaller frets = BURNINATION), sounded great with SD's, and looked pretty cool. If I had the money, I would've bought it on the spot!
        Gibson SG Standard (498T/498R)
        Schecter C-1 Elite (Custom/59)
        Fender Deluxe Double Fat Strat (Carvin SD22/M22N)
        Yamaha FG-413S acoustic
        Marshall G15CDR
        Marshall JCM 2000 DSL100
        Marshall 1960A
        Boss ME-50
        ...and just a little talent.

Comment

These guitars rule! Just love their feel...

Comment

they look pretty cool. ive been wanting to try one out for a while, but cant find any...
            esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
            fender mim standard strat
            peavey classic 30
            johnson j-station
            original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
            dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
            yamaha f-310p acoustic
            taylor 410 acoustic
            "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

Yeah... Godins are finely made. You can't go wrong. The earlier models (early 90's) were kinda fragile, but now they rock solidly!!

Godin website : http://www.lasido.com
              Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

They are phenomenal guitars. I just posted a review on mine at harmony central.
                http://www.harmony-central.com/Guitar/Data4/Godin/LG-SP90-01.html

Here is the address, mine's the second review. If you have any particular questions feel free to ask.

Luke
                “That which we do for ourselves dies with us … that which we do for others lives forever.”

Comment

I've played one once... but the store had 9's or 10's on it, and with what felt like larger frets, it just killed it. I couldn't stand playing the damn thing if I had to press down that lightly. I'd like to get one and put 12's on it. From what I was able to do, I really liked the sound, but I still think I'm going to save up for a used studio les paul and put phat cats in it.

Comment

What about the P90's in those puppies? Some folks complained that they were too dark, in comparison to Gibsons or other more vintage P90's.

Comment

godins are very fine guitars. the LG is a great guitar. play as many as you can. the finish's on those (if i remember correctly) was gorgeous
                      Godin SDXT - 59-ClassicStack-JB
                      Martin D-15 - Fishman Neo-D
                      Boss BD-2 - MXR dynacomp - Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95 - Morley A/B/Y
                      Crate VC-3112
                      Brownsville NY J-Bass Copy
                      Fender Bassman 60

Comment

Originally posted by El Kabong
                        What about the P90's in those puppies? Some folks complained that they were too dark, in comparison to Gibsons or other more vintage P90's.

Those P-90 are SeymourDuncans Vintage P-90...
                        Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Yup, I understand that. Still, some folks claim they are kinda dark....

Comment

Man thats a lot of good feedback on em fellas! The nearest one I can get my hands on is an hour drive away. So I want to be sure its worth the effort. I really can't get into the feel of a thin profile neck. My hands are just too big and my attack is pretty aggressive. Luke, have you ever tried a Strat SRV neck? (My prefered profile neck.) Are they similar at all? How would you compare the profile to say a modern strat or a modern Lester profile in width and thickness?

I really appreciate all the feedback fellas! If I find I really like em I may buy both the hum and SP-90 models. I really like the looks and the sound of the specs.

Jim

Comment

bump!

Comment

Working...
                              X