banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Strat Chronicles 50th Anniv book.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Strat Chronicles 50th Anniv book.

What a great read! A VERY detailed account of the history of the most popular guitar design of all time... some of the stuff they wrote about during the CBS era (and getting out of it) was pretty eye-opening. Lotsa cool quotes and photos as well.

Even if you're not into strats I'd highly recommend picking up this book as it's a GREAT read.

Re: Fender Strat Chronicles 50th Anniv book.

Originally posted by B2D
    What a great read! A VERY detailed account of the history of the most popular guitar design of all time... some of the stuff they wrote about during the CBS era (and getting out of it) was pretty eye-opening. Lotsa cool quotes and photos as well.

Even if you're not into strats I'd highly recommend picking up this book as it's a GREAT read.
    Yes great book...Take the advice of myself and Curly and try to get the book through Amazon.com or anyplace other than the Fender website like I did...The book is $50 from Fender and $35 elsewhere...I got screwed,but at least the book is hard covered and a great collectible item for my collection of guitar/amp related books..

John
    Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

yeah, a cool book, although all I've done so far is look at all the pretty pictures
      "music heals"
      facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
        yeah, a cool book, although all I've done so far is look at all the pretty pictures

The cd is pretty cool also..
        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I'll have to check that out.

I hope it'll have a nice little section on where strat sales were when Hendrix came along, and where they were after.
          "music heals"
          facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Curly
            I'll have to check that out.

I hope it'll have a nice little section on where strat sales were when Hendrix came along, and where they were after.
            in that sections the book pretty much goes along describing how the CBS takeover was going and how the guitars were JUST starting to deteriorate and then BOOM out of nowhere there's a 3-4 page section just on Jimi... and after that the book talks about how popular strats had become and how CBS was trying to crank 'em out as fast as possible...

It also gives you a good documentation about how in the late 70's and early 80's the Jap copies of Strats were actually becoming BETTER than the real thing!

The CD is cool, too. Greg Koch does it and in demonstrating a Yngwie style riff, all of a sudden the guitar goes WHOMPH and he sez, "What in the name of Leo? My hand blowed up!"

Comment

Working...
            X