1960s traynor YSR-1 amp and YT-12cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960s traynor YSR-1 amp and YT-12cab

I saw one of these going for a real low price in good condition, Wondering if anyone has any experience with them, since its vintage I am having a hard time finding info on it. 1968 apparently is the year on it. Wondering if you guys would know the rough value of one, Im thinking of trying to get it, but not sure how high I should offer on it.
    Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Re: 1960s traynor YSR-1 amp and YT-12cab

Those traynors are built like tanks and a great platform for a Plexisurgery.

They have *lots* of headroom btw. I played thru Bassmaster (very early with script logo), Reverb Master and Custom Reverb. If I remember right the Custom Reverb doesnt have any Master Volume, making it the closest thing to a late 60's Plexi/'59 Bassman after the Bassmaster, plus you have reverb and tremolo.

I also owned the YT-12 for a few weeks, great cab. Nice solid construction. Speakers will have to be replaced.

Such amp will sell for ~450$ on eBay (cab and head).
    Edwards Jimmy Page, Fender AmDlx Strat, PRS CE24, Edwards E-FV, AGILE Valkyrie Double-neck, Ibanez EP9. Metroamp 50w, Fender SFSR, Blackstar HT40 VP

Comment

Working...
    X