• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RG 2570
    replied
    Re: STRING NIGHTMARE! d'addarios!

Originally posted by Kent S.
    Well, I use GHS super steels so, if you thought what you had was clanky ... Did you give the string time to play in ...seriously. A lot of strings sound a bit odd when first put on (I know you know this , I'm talking about the hyrid alloy's) ... If you're used to using pure nickel wraps then yeah the strings like GHS boomers and super steels, or what have you brand wise do tend to sound just not *right* at first. Can't explain why a plain string like the *B* would sound different unless maybe you used Cryogenic treated strings. D'addario's are normally good strings, but it's all personal taste, I know a guy who swears by Blue Steels, says they last forever, man, they go dead quick with me, and I didn't particluarly care for the tone ... all personal taste.
    I played on the first pack for a few hours before going to the second?
    the thing is that every pack of the fenders i ever put on was warm and non clanking from the get go? I used them for years because they seemed to be one of the few that had a warm tone when first put on? they have a played in sound i like and no over tone probs or whatever probs like the D'darrios?
    the d'addarios really sounded bad and made my BOGNER UBER amp sound off

I mean it is obvious the d'addarios will never be on my guitars again but i am still puzzled about them?

Leave a comment:

• Kent S.
    replied

Originally posted by RG 2570
    Let me start out by explaining what happened,
    OK normally i use fender XL-150 becuase they are pure nickle strings.
    anyway i am at the store and they have the d'addario's 3 pack for $9.99 so i fugure hey joe satriani uses these and so does a lot of other guys let me give em a go. they are inexpensive and may be real good and i can change my strings more often
    so i buy the 3 pack and get home put a set on, first off the sound VERY clanky,thin?
    secondly there is a overtone, like a chirp on the open A and B strings?
    so i figure i never had this problem before so its the pack it had to be a bad pack right? WRONG!
    took off the brand new set put on the second brand new set and the same results!
    two bad packs in a row?
    so now i am furious and put on the last of the 3 pack,guess what?
    thats right same problems :******:
    OK now i am starting to BLAME my guitar, i run out to the music store and buy ONE set of my normal brand fender XL 150's put them on and all is well
    you mean to tell me that the d'addario's are that bad? how does guys like satch use them?
    please someone else here tell me they have had a NIGHTMARE with d'addario's?
    Well, I use GHS super steels so, if you thought what you had was clanky ... Did you give the string time to play in ...seriously. A lot of strings sound a bit odd when first put on (I know you know this , I'm talking about the hyrid alloy's) ... If you're used to using pure nickel wraps then yeah the strings like GHS boomers and super steels, or what have you brand wise do tend to sound just not *right* at first. Can't explain why a plain string like the *B* would sound different unless maybe you used Cryogenic treated strings. D'addario's are normally good strings, but it's all personal taste, I know a guy who swears by Blue Steels, says they last forever, man, they go dead quick with me, and I didn't particluarly care for the tone ... all personal taste.

Leave a comment:

• tenniso
    replied

that's weird. i love d'addario. i use those or ghs only. but i am interested in those fender strings though

Leave a comment:

• RG 2570
    started a topic STRING NIGHTMARE! d'addarios!

STRING NIGHTMARE! d'addarios!

Let me start out by explaining what happened,
    OK normally i use fender XL-150 becuase they are pure nickle strings.
    anyway i am at the store and they have the d'addario's 3 pack for $9.99 so i fugure hey joe satriani uses these and so does a lot of other guys let me give em a go. they are inexpensive and may be real good and i can change my strings more often
    so i buy the 3 pack and get home put a set on, first off the sound VERY clanky,thin?
    secondly there is a overtone, like a chirp on the open A and B strings?
    so i figure i never had this problem before so its the pack it had to be a bad pack right? WRONG!
    took off the brand new set put on the second brand new set and the same results!
    two bad packs in a row?
    so now i am furious and put on the last of the 3 pack,guess what?
    thats right same problems :******:
    OK now i am starting to BLAME my guitar, i run out to the music store and buy ONE set of my normal brand fender XL 150's put them on and all is well
    you mean to tell me that the d'addario's are that bad? how does guys like satch use them?
    please someone else here tell me they have had a NIGHTMARE with d'addario's?
Working...
X