STRING NIGHTMARE! d'addarios!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: STRING NIGHTMARE! d'addarios!

Hmmm.. yes. Which strings (in your experience) hold their intonation the best? That's what really pisses me off about old strings.
    Originally posted by The Minstrel
    Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
      Hmmm.. yes. Which strings (in your experience) hold their intonation the best? That's what really pisses me off about old strings.

Do you clean your strings? I find that wiping the unwound strings with a kleenex does a world of good for intonation.
      This machine kills fascists

Comment

Originally posted by italic zero
        unfortunately NO string hold it's intonation after a lot of playing, once a string gets played and i MEAN PLAYED!
        it gets dents, and wear spots from fretting and bending especially if you are aggressive player who has a lot of attack.
        the elixer wound strings last longer due to the web or poly coating but that does not help the plain strings
        the best thing i can tell you is to change whatever brand of strings when you hear a lot of waver and see a lot of wear remeber pro's that gig change them everynight

Comment

amlost forgot, IMHO D'addarios even without the tech probs i experienced just sounded GOD AWFUL!
          that had too much twang/thin tone and are to damn loose,i thought i was playing a 8-38 pack for gods sake even though they were the 9-42's

Comment

Working...
          X