Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar Building Book

Hey all,
    I want to put together a warmoth guitar, but need a book to help out with bridge placement, and basic setup and such. Can you make some recommendations on a how to book that might help.
    MIA Fender Deluxe Strat (Surfer Set/Custom Bridge)
    MIJ Strat APS1/APS1/PATB-3
    MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
    69' SF Bassman/ 212 Avatar Cab.
    Ibanez LR10 Semi Hollow Body
    Martin D28

Re: Guitar Building Book

Sorry, me head is up me bum. I was supposed to post this in the Guitar Forum. Admin's please move thread.
    Sorry
    Lou Driver
    MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
    Martin D28

Comment

Hey JohnJohn,
      Long time no see, how have you been? I'm still wrestlin with my Tele & Strat. Maybe it's time to read up a bit before I swallow my pride and take my babies into a tech.
      Now that I have my Mark IV i would love to have some properly functioning guitars.
      Lou Driver
      MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
      Martin D28

Comment

Originally posted by JohnJohn
        Check out any of the Dan Erlewine or Donald Brosnac books.There is also an excellent book by Melvin Hisc_ ock,(stupid censor ).
        Also check this out:

http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Books,_plans.html
        I have books all three of them and they are very good.

- "Guitar Electronics for musicicians" from Donal Brosnac it is the bible for anything related to electronics. It is quite old but guitar haven't evolved that much and everything is in there.

- "Guitar repaired guide" from D. Erlewine it is huge colection of small topics related about guitar repairing. Many things related with repairing are so with building (like refretting). It is well explained and you don't have to read it all, you just go for what you need and read it.

- "Making you own electric guitar" - Melvin His****. It is a extensive book about building your own guitar. It just have a few chapters, with a lot of text and many pictures. The descriptions are very extensive, so it is not a good book for quick checks. But this descriptions are very good and cover everything about guitar building so if you have no idea about the topic may be you would like to check this one.

Hope it helps

Comment

The main thing i was thinking about is, Warmoth will only route for certain types of bridges, and I don't necessarily want to install a fender type of hardtail. I was looking at the Hipshot, but i need to know the distance from the nut and such.
          Lou Driver
          MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
          Martin D28

Comment

hey loudriver,
            go to www.mimf.com - its a musical instrument forum with tons of information. for refinishing, mimf and www.reranch.com. great communities, helpful people.
            m.

Comment

Thanks JohnJohn,
              I appreciate the help. I kinda thought it was something similar to what you described. No I just have to build my confidense up enough to actually put the drill to a new warmoth body. EEEEK.
              Do you think if I had warmoth predrill the string-thru ferruls I would be okay to measure and mount the bridge??? I'm thinkin so.
              In anycase, i'm gunna order some books soon. I need the purdy pictures to guide me.
              I really think i should be able to do this. I have just had a run of bad luck in installing my PUP's so i'm even more nervous to actually drill into wood.
              Anyhow tanks a milliion
              Loudriver
              MIA Tele APTL-1/APTR-1
              Martin D28

Comment

Working...
              X