Tuner Recommendations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuner Recommendations...

My band has decided to "tune down" a half step on all of our songs. I'm not real excited about it but I'm a good trooper so I'll get used to it. I have a descent little electronic tuner that has served me well for years. The problem is that it can't tune to a flat. I just need a tuner that will allow me to tune Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb. Any suggestions?

Rock on.

Re: Tuner Recommendations...

I also tune to Eb, and believe me once you get used to it, you'll have a hard time playing in Standard.

I have a Korg DT-2 connected to the tuner out of my EB Volume pedal. This or the newer DT-3 is a far better tuner than the BOSS TU-2 for about the same price.
    Originally posted by crusty philtrum
    And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

After using the Peterson VS-1, I could never go back to using a regular tuner. They aren't cheap, but you can pick one up on Ebay for about $50 more than a typical boss pedal. They also have a new model called the Strobostomp, which is the most accurate pedal tuner you can buy. It's true bypass, and it can even be used to power other pedals in your chain. If you just want a cheap tuner that's fairly accurate, Korg makes a $15 handheld tuner that can handle drop tunings, although I forget the name.

Ryan
      Originally posted by JOLLY
      I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

i dont know, but nice gear!
        esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
        fender mim standard strat
        peavey classic 30
        johnson j-station
        original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
        dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
        yamaha f-310p acoustic
        taylor 410 acoustic
        "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

I recommend the Boss TU-2... solid, reliable, easy to use and seems very accurate to me. Also has pretty lights

Comment

Originally posted by rspst14
            If you just want a cheap tuner that's fairly accurate, Korg makes a $15 handheld tuner that can handle drop tunings, although I forget the name.
            I think you're talking about the Korg CA-30. It's a handheld chromatic tuner.. can usually be had for $15-20.
            -Alex

*Proud Owner and Player of Guage guitars, Warmoth guitars, and Orange amps*

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
            I'm already wearing the costume, and Fredericks of Hollywood on the corset and also on the panties, which, of course, have the "convenience crotch".

Comment

I think that the Korg line is pretty good just make sure it can handle what your looking for and most run between $15 and 35$.
              Live long, play hard, enjoy life.

Comment

Originally posted by xerxes
                i dont know, but nice gear!
                That's the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me. You just made yourself a fan.

I will check out the Korg tuners and let you know how it goes.

Rock on.

Comment

My vote goes for the Boss TU-2. Its a great tuner. Does standard, flat and a whole step down. Its mutable and you can easily read it on stage.

Is that a bigsby loaded paul I see in your avatar?
                  Low wattage rocks!
                  Bumbox Lead 1
                  Orange Tiny Terror
                  Vox 120VTH
                  ----------------------
                  Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
                  Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

I have use a Boss TU12 for a very long time. I also use about 6 different tunings. It is a very reliable tuner, but they are not cheap, about $60. to $80. IF you don't want to spend that much, look for a good chromatic tuner that has a mechanical needle not a digital one. LOL
                    "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
                    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

If you're just wanting to tune and not do your intonation....these are great tuners:
                      http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/...ase_pid/211002 Some of my friends have them and they're perfect for using when practicing, playing live, or whatever the case may be.

Comment

Originally posted by babaca
                        My band has decided to "tune down" a half step on all of our songs. I'm not real excited about it but I'm a good trooper so I'll get used to it. I have a descent little electronic tuner that has served me well for years. The problem is that it can't tune to a flat. I just need a tuner that will allow me to tune Eb Ab Db Gb Bb eb. Any suggestions?

Rock on.
                        I'm using the Peterson Virtual Tuner and it is by far the best and most accurate tuner I have ever used!
                        Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I use a sabine chromatic tuner. Serves me well.
                          Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                          https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                          Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

Hey John, is this the Peterson tuner you're talking about?

Is that the least expensive alternative for doing intonation properly?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Chip
                            Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                            Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                            Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                            SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                            SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                            "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Korg
                              www.enigmaduo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X