Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tuner Recommendations...

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
    Hey John, is this the Peterson tuner you're talking about?

Is that the least expensive alternative for doing intonation properly?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Chip
    The VS-2 is the newest Peterson virtual strobe tuner. It's not too different from the VS-1, which can be found cheaper. The VS-2 is true bypass, so you can use it on your pedal board, and it also has Buzz Feiten tuning offsets and a tempered bass tuning offset. If you don't need these features, then get a VS-1.

Ryan
    Originally posted by JOLLY
    I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
      Hey John, is this the Peterson tuner you're talking about?

Is that the least expensive alternative for doing intonation properly?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Chip
      Mine is the earlier model (The VS1)....Not sure if it's the cheapest model to do intonation accurate,but the Peterson seems to be dead accurate...

John
      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

I still stand by the TU-12H, although they have a newer one that offers open, and flatted tunings, along with the regular chromatic mode ... but I don't know if you want something in a pedal or that has an automatic mute function for stage use, still if your using a volume pedal to mute your sound, then a TU-12H Chromatic tossed on top the amp works great, for something cheaper ... Korg used to make a CA-20 chromatic, and GA-20 guitar/bass
        (would handle 5 string basses also) ... they are accurate once you get used to the action/feel of the *LCD* needle, the GA has flat functions (one,two,three,or four flats {half steps down] ).
        I believe their chromatic was around $32 US Dollars, and the guitar/bass was around $22, small, would fit in the palm of your hand ( the older ones, the CA-10, and GA-10 were 9V powered and box shaped, the 20's were the same , but were flat like a credit card, and ran off two *AAA* batteries )... myself I'd just stick with a chromatic ... that way you have all the tunings you need. I was impressed with Intellitouch clip-on tuner, nice transpose and learn modes, backlight display to for dark stages, some people have said that it had problems. Although the display is a bit funky, it worked fine for me.

For intonation purposes (set-ups), I swear by the BOSS TU-12H, although for acoustic work the condenser mike in it is kinda lame on the sensitivity side (get one of those plug in clip on transducers for acoustic stuff). Great response from the meter without much overshoot, and exaggerated ripple.

BOSS TU-12H ...
        Last edited by Kent S.; 05-14-2004, 05:19 AM.
        ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
        ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
        Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Working...
        X