Ibanez RG321?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ibanez RG321?

Which 321 did you play? the basswood body or the new mahogany body one? Curious b/c i am just about to hit the "add to cart" button on the RG321MHMOL mahogany one along with a duncan JB for the bridge and a set of locking tuners for my lazyness hehehe. I love the feel of my 2 ibanez's that i have now and the shape but never play them anymore due to the floating trem...i became a hardtail/stringthrough only guy now. So this new 321 looks like a good platform for a nice guitar after some mods due to it's mahogany body. I'm not big on the basswood ones anymore and my main guitar now is mahogany, i like a deeper thicker sound...so i think this may be the 11th guitar in my lineup soon hehehehe damn G.A.S. attack lol. I just wanted to know which one you tested to see if it was the one i'm looking at.

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

i tried the basswood version. things are a little slow here, the mahagony version has not arrived at my dealer's...
      Psychic Horns

Comment

I tried the mahogany version. They're really the same guitar, but with different body woods. I would just get whichever body wood suits you best.
        It's such a fine line between stupid and clever.
        - David St. Hubbins

Comment

yeah, they are the same guitar but that wood does make a difference...and i've grown to love the sound of mahogany and that's pretty much all i play now. so when i saw ibanez made string through body in mahogany i new i had to add it to my collection as hopefully a backup to my main guitar. glad to see it was better than you thought it would be.

-Mike
          www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Awesome.
            - David St. Hubbins

Comment

if you're choosing between basswood and mahagony, do yourself a favor and get the mahagony. you really cant compare the two

Comment

Originally posted by Davey
                if you're choosing between basswood and mahagony, do yourself a favor and get the mahagony. you really cant compare the two
                Basswood is good enough for Satch and Petrucci among many others and Steve Vai in his earlier JEMs. Both woods good for what they do, in the end its down to preference

Comment

Davey - Again, it's just your opinion.
                  - David St. Hubbins

Comment

Originally posted by kill your scene
                    Davey - Again, it's just your opinion.
                    i know lol, BUT SOMEONE LISTEN TO ME ******! >.<

Comment

lol - for 260 street, I'd probably go for it - it's actually the guitar I really wanted when I got my RG320. I thought the 320 was a pretty nice guitar for the money but the floyd was pure ****. (The 320 was also mohog). I have a C5/59 combo in it and that guitar just sounds killer... I say go for it - come to think of it, I may go for it myself. =) Either that or buy a carvin bolt plus kit (not on their website but they do offer it) for 400 bucks with mahogany option and get a USA made guitar for cheap...

Comment

Basswood sounds great, so does mahogony...
                        I have always enjoyed the sound of a Basswood guitar, my Wolfgang is made of it and I can make it sound how I want it to.
                        VH, Vai, Satch, and quite a few others do not mind it....sounds great loud too.

Comment

Working...
                        X