Clear All

Re: what do you have in your les paul?

Right now?

Crap and Crap

Shortly, EMG 85/81
    || Guitar | Wah | Vibe | Amp ||

Comment

C5 and Jazz combo.. might go with the Custom Custom in the bridge soon as the C5 is a good pickup but im looking for a little more bass. still im happy with the combo at the moment

Comment

C5 bridge/Pearly Gates neck.....super sweet for Rock of all types!!!

Guitars: Frankinstein TeleBird/Classic Vibe Esquire w/BG-1400/Martin 000-28EC
        Amps: 3rd Power Dream Solo 4 '68 Plexi/Port City Wave 2x12
        FX: Skinpimp Faceplant/Skinpimp 3OD/Flyin' Dragon

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/fa...wn/id786464154
        http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/seanhanley

Comment

I have a '90 standard, it is completley stock!
          "So you will never have to listen to Surf music again" James Marshall Hendrix
          "When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace."-Jimi Hendrix

Comment

My hot-rodded to death '01 Standard has Alnico II Pro/Custom
            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
            And that's probably because most people with electric guitars seem more interested in their own performance rather than the effect on the listener ... in fact i don't think many people who own electric guitars even give a poop about the effect on a listener. Which is why many people play electric guitars but very very few of them are actually musicians.

Comment

Originally posted by McLaughysSN
              C5 and Jazz combo.. might go with the Custom Custom in the bridge soon as the C5 is a good pickup but im looking for a little more bass. still im happy with the combo at the moment
              The C5 has the most bass of all the Customs.

I use PG's in the neck on all my Lesters and a C5, CC and C5 for the bridge.
              I like the push that the Custom series have as well as the clarity without being harsh or shrill.

Fenders: '69 CS Strat; Hwy1 Strat SSL2's, SSL3T;CP Jaguar
              Gibsons: LP DC STD Seth & Brobucker; LP STD Plus PGn & CC; (2)ES-335's; LP R7 Custom SNS & C4; LP '68 Custom '59A4 & C5; LP Trad 2014 PG & SNS; Explorer PG & C4; SG Std '57 & BB3;
              Jacksons: SL2H w/DMZ AN & Super D; DK1 w/59 & C5; Dinky Elite, DK2 w/AN & AZ, RR5FR
              Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee; JMP 2203, Vox AC15C1; Gibson Super Goldtone GA30RV; Suhr CAA-OD100SE+, CAA PT100; Fender Vibrolux Reverb

Comment

I play mostly Hard Rock/metal and blues.

Gibson: Stock BurstBucker Pros w/ RS Kit
                Epi: C5/59
                Agile: CC/Jazz
                Low wattage rocks!
                Bumbox Lead 1
                Orange Tiny Terror
                Vox 120VTH
                ----------------------
                Gibson LP Standard - SG Supreme
                Agile LP-2500 - Jackson JSX-94

Comment

Originally posted by screamingdaisy
                  Right now?

Crap and Crap
                  Is that the Alnico 5 Crap or the Alnico 2 Crap? Did you put covers on the Craps, or leave them exposed??
                  'No matter how hot and sexy any woman looks, some guy, somewhere, is tired of putting up with her sh#t..'

Comment

95 Std w/Antiquity set
                    98 Std w/C-5/PGn
                    01 59 RI w/Jimmy Page set

I have also had a 59 set in the 59 RI and a DD set in the 95 Std. Running 500k pots all around definately is a must for the DD set or any other HB to sound its best in a LP, IMHO. I don't know that a proper setup is any more critical in a LP over any other guitar and a poorly setup guitar of any make will not play or sound at it's best.
                    www.soundclick.com/failedgrace
                    www.myspace.com/robert_sherman
                    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1513342220

T4D got a new gig!

(Please send sig worthy material!)

Comment

I have a Custom/PGn set in mine. Sounds great through a Fender tube amp.
                      I play rock, hard-rock, and blues with this guitar. Playing this guitar through a cranked Deluxe Reverb, a bright amp, really hits some nice highs and I have no trouble getting good bass tones out of it.
                      Played with a bigger size amp like the Blues DeVille really tapers the high off a little but makes it much deeper. It'll shake the room.
                      So, is the C-5 a bassier pickup? I've never fully understood what that pup is all about, except that there were a lot of people at this forum who contributed their thoughts and ideas to the design of this hummer.

-Bob
                      Last edited by midnite_man; 05-14-2004, 10:10 AM.

Comment

7.6 antiquity neck, 9.4 antiquity bridge

Comment

'78 Les Paul Deluxe: Still has the original minihumbuckers in it.

'82 30th Anniversary: Stock Gibson humbucker in the neck position (T-top?). Unknown, Seymour Duncan humbucker in the bridge position. I just bought a 70's Gibson T-top pickup to replace the Duncan.

Sprinter
                          Collings: '08 001-mhsb
                          Dean: '02 Hardtail
                          Fender: '63 Jazzmaster, '74 Telecaster & '11 American Special Telecaster
                          Fender Custom Shop: '16 1962 Custom Telecaster
                          Gibson: '78 Les Paul Deluxe & '99 Les Paul Standard
                          G&L: '87 Asat, '02 Asat Classic
                          Guild: '81 X-79 Skyhawk
                          Heritage: '09 H535 25th Anniversary
                          PRS: '97 Standard 24 & '99 McCarty

Comment

Agile- C5/Jazz, soon to be a PG/PG
                            '06 Gibson R8, '94 Gibson LP Jr Special, Fender CS Dirty Dozen Strat, Fender Hotrod '52 Tele, /13 FTR37, Kemper, DrZ EMS, DrZ Plus, Various pedals

Comment

howe do you guys like the PGn?
                              how do you like it compared to the '59, i heard it's brighter?
                              also, what do you think would be a good combo for my lester right now?
                              im thinking of using the Custom for bridge and PGn if all goes well. what do you think?

-Jim

Comment

Originally posted by \m/(00)\m/
                                howe do you guys like the PGn?
                                how do you like it compared to the '59, i heard it's brighter?
                                also, what do you think would be a good combo for my lester right now?
                                im thinking of using the Custom for bridge and PGn if all goes well. what do you think?

-Jim
                                I think the PGn sounds brighter in my Pauly than the '59. I tried a PG/59n combo in it once but the 59 sounded too dark. I installed a PG in place of the 59, and it was a pretty good match, but after putting the '59 in my G400 matched with a Custom and liking the way that sounded I decided to try a Custom in my LP. The PGn compliments the Custom very well. The PG gives the overall sound just enough more bass to fill the mix out. I like running the Custom at 9, and the PGn at about 7.5 when played together.
                                But for solo work, the Custom wails just fine all by iteslf.

Comment

Working...
                                X