Bass setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass setup

My cousin gave me a 1985 Tokai Jazz Sound bass and I've got no idea how to do a bass setup. Any links someone can suggest that would help?

Thanks,

Chip
    Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
    Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
    Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
    SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
    SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
    "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Re: Bass setup

Originally posted by Fresh_Start
    My cousin gave me a 1985 Tokai Jazz Sound bass and I've got no idea how to do a bass setup. Any links someone can suggest that would help?

Thanks,

Chip
    This is not a smart***ed answer Chip ... just like you would a guitar ...as far as rough neck relief measurements, action height ... pup to string height, neck angle ...that stuff, ( Yeaah, dats it ... Da Numbas Franky, da nummbaahs ...) you might want to hit the gearhead (fender) site, and do it the same as the jazz basses or something similar ... same rules apply of course. Try a set of Rotosound piano wound strings on it, I always loved the idea of the string core breaking over the saddle ... man I wish someone would do a set of guitar strings like that ... Hey GHS ...you listening?
    ::::To sound reinforcement engineer::::
    ... What? ... ::::snicker:::: ...Yes, ... Right, ...
    Could we please have everything louder than everything else ? ...

Comment

Re: Bass setup

Originally posted by Kent S.
      This is not a smart***ed answer Chip ... just like you would a guitar ...as far as rough neck relief measurements, action height ... pup to string height, neck angle ...that stuff, ( Yeaah, dats it ... Da Numbas Franky, da nummbaahs ...) you might want to hit the gearhead (fender) site, and do it the same as the jazz basses or something similar ... same rules apply of course. Try a set of Rotosound piano wound strings on it, I always loved the idea of the string core breaking over the saddle ... man I wish someone would do a set of guitar strings like that ... Hey GHS ...you listening?
      Kent -

That makes too much sense to be right I should've thought of that right off - Mr. GearHead has it down for Strats, so why not a bass?

Thanks,

Chip
      Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
      Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
      Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
      SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
      SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
      "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
      X