Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I be lining up my Effects?

The effects I have are as follows:

Boss TU-2,Boss OD-20(distortion modeler),Boss CH-1(chorus),Dunlop Wah pedal,Boss Compression.

This is the order that they are in now,but I can't get the Chorus to work.I also have them daisey-chained together with a singular power source,so no batteries are being used.Can anyone help a brother out?Thanks

GLENN

Re: How should I be lining up my Effects?

id go:
    tu2-wah-od20-cs2-ch1

the chorus would sound best in the fx loop

Comment

does the chorus work by itself?

Comment

Jeremy,
        Yes it does,but this is the first time I've daisey-chained it.Should I take out the 9 volt battery?The LED on the CH-1 is working,so it's obviously getting power.I'm baffled

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy
          id go:
          tu2-wah-od20-cs2-ch1

the chorus would sound best in the fx loop
          Sounds like Jeremy hit it right on the nose to me. An effects loop is one thing I miss in a DRRI, but am glad they put one in the DeVille. Cuts down on line noise considerably.

Comment

Midnite Man,

At the risk of sounding like an idiot,can you explain to me the effect looping procedure?I'm (ironically)playing through a Deville 212 I'm looking at the top of the amp trying to figure out how to loop the chorus pedal.Do I plug it into the preamp out and power amp in?Sorry if I sound like a complete moron But Thanks for the help.

Comment

Anyone?

Comment

i'm not familiar with the deville but if there is an fx loop then, all you need to do is put a cable from the fx loop "send" to the chorus "in" then another cable from chorus"out" to fx loop "return"...
                so basically yes your putting the chorus after the pre-amp but before the power stage

Good luck

y2stevo
                Marshall JVM 410C
                Mesa Boogie DC-3
                ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
                1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
                2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
                2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
                1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
                2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
                1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

You might find this link useful: http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/fx.htm

If you scroll down a little, there's a link to a section on the order for effects. These aren't hard & fast rules, just a good starting point for experimentation.

Chip
                  Heritage 535 Special, Warmoth frankenstrat, MIM Strat, & Taylor 314C(no E)
                  Amp Builds: Tweed Princeton (5F2-A) variation, 2 BF Princeton Reverb clones, & Super Reverb clone
                  Sometimes use a Blues Jr., Tech 21 Trademark 10 & Power Engine 60
                  SPG modded DS-1, TS-7 & CryBaby; Visual Sounds Rte. 66 & H2O; Guyatone Tremolo
                  SD pickups: SSL-2, APS-2, tapped Quarter Pound, Custom 5 & Antiquity humbuckers

"Conan! What are the best things in life?"
                  "Girls, guitars, guns and cars!"

Comment

Working...
                  X