X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• presa_tito
    replied
    Re: Emgs

Get the David Gilmour emg set for your strat. I've never heard someone complain about those.

Leave a comment:

• SlashRules
    replied

Do you lose the strat sound with the emgs

Leave a comment:

• fenderiarhs
    replied

do not underestimate the emg85 at the bridge position it's an awesome pickup and it's warmer than the emg81 and more natural sounding.(or the emg 89....it is like the emg 85 but it is splittable)

Leave a comment:

• heavydutysg135
    replied

Originally posted by SlashRules
    hey i ve just had a brilliant idea i could have a EMG 81 humbucker in the Bridge and have two single coils im looking for a metal and Classic rock sound
    It is very difficult to mix passive duncans with active emgs. You need to choose 1 or the other. Both would sound very good but different. It you do choose the emgs I would highly reccomend doing the 18 volt mod. My friend has an 89 in the bridge and 2 SAs in the front and middle and it sounds excelllent.

Leave a comment:

• Xeromus
    replied

Originally posted by SlashRules
    hey i ve just had a brilliant idea i could have a EMG 81 humbucker in the Bridge and have two single coils im looking for a metal and Classic rock sound
    EMG makes a drop in set complete with the pickguard the 81 and two SA single coils. That combo rips I tell ya. all you have to do is screw the pickguard on and solder up to the input jack. If you feel like going back to passives, do the same thing again. It's a completely noiseless, good sounding setup.

Leave a comment:

• SlashRules
    replied

Leave a comment:

• kaknight
    replied

that's kinda like. Hey guys should I eat a banana for lunch or a cheeseburger? Really different tones, really different groove. what are you looking for?

Leave a comment:

• SlashRules
    started a topic Emgs

Emgs

Is it worth putting EMGS in a Strat or would I be better with Duncans or Marzios. With is better with the Strat the Eric Clapton Boost or the EMG AFter burner
Working...
X