knowledgeable pod xt people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• knowledgeable pod xt people

I know you can connect the pod directly into you pc with the usb cable for recording. Can you set it up so it runs through your amp also and then to the pc for recording? Also, when you're just playing normally aloud and it's through a combo tube amp does it go through the tubes and then to the speaker or does it make it purely the pod and then straight to the speaker bypassing the tubes? I'm just curious because that would defeat the purpose of the tube amp. We all know tube amps are the best, so realistically the pod should sound better through a tube amp than a solid state one. Or maybe it doesn't even run through the tubes. I ask because even though everyone might not like these units, they are handy for the easy personal home recording I want to do soon. So many tones in one box.

Re: knowledgeable pod xt people

bump

Comment

I think your a little confused as to what the pod does. Think of a pod as a single effect(essentially thats what it is), so if you use it with a tube amp it will go through the tubes as that is what powers the speaker(s). Whether it goes through the preamp tubes is up to you by either running it to the standard input(using the preamp tubes) or by putting it into the effects loop, bypassing the preamp. It's up to you...

And to answer your first question, I believe you can, by just using the 1/4" jacks and your amp as you usually would, along with the usb port.
      MIM Fender Strat-stock
      Kramer Focus-cool rails/vintage rails/hot rails
      Dean V X- 85/81
      Crybaby From Hell
      Ibanez DE7
      ADA MP-1
      Furman EQ
      Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

So it should sound good run through a solid state or a tube amp. Or do you think you should keep it digital with the pod?

Comment

Most seem to prefer to run the pod through a stereo tube power amp then to 2 cabs. Personal preference plays the major roll though...
          MIM Fender Strat-stock
          Kramer Focus-cool rails/vintage rails/hot rails
          Dean V X- 85/81
          Crybaby From Hell
          Ibanez DE7
          ADA MP-1
          Furman EQ
          Peavey Bandit 112

Comment

I have always heard that the best way to use a pod live is to run it into a tube power amp and then to a speaker cab (usually a 4x12). I am going to do something like this with my pod soon. So the best bet for u IMO is to plug the pod into the effects loop so that u get the sweet tube tones, but no eq from ur preamp messing with the sound of the pod.
            my gear: '80s fender bullet (tele style)
            fender dg20ce acoustic
            peavey blazer 15 watt
            line 6 pod 2.3 and floorboard
            Atomic Reactor 112
            Warmoth double fat strat w/ SD Jb bridge and Dimarzio Humbucker from Hell

Comment

Working...
            X