Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff Beck;Strat or Humbuckers on Blow by Blow

Question,
    Knowing your research, which tunes on "Blow by Blow" is JB using a strat and which tunes is he using humbuckers? I know he's using the infamous TeleGib with JB and Jazz on "Cause We Ended As Lovers" but from what I understand "Blow by Blow" was where Beck starting leaning toward Strats. Also, we keep seeing pictures of him with the black Les Paul, which would indicate he was using it some on the album. Just a question. JB never ceases to amaze me.

Sincerely,
    CoachC

Re: Jeff Beck;Strat or Humbuckers on Blow by Blow

I think the whole album was done with the Oxblood colored Les Paul. Maye he also used the Tele-Gib that Seymour did for him. The Strat came a little later in his career. The LP is the one depicted on the cover. One of the best albums of all time for Jeff....along side of "Guitar Shop".
    "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father. Prepare to die!"

Comment

Blow by Blow is almost all the Tele-Gib and a Strat...if you hear any whammy tricks it's a Strat, almost everythings else is the Tele-Gib...the Oxblood LP didn't get used on that record at all (at least, that's what Ive heard...) Jeff said in an interview that after he got the Tele-Gib he stopped using LP's.
      If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrec
        I think the whole album was done with the Oxblood colored Les Paul. Maye he also used the Tele-Gib that Seymour did for him. The Strat came a little later in his career. The LP is the one depicted on the cover. One of the best albums of all time for Jeff....along side of "Guitar Shop".
        I didnt like guitar shop... maybe it was just that opening track, but that was way too... 80's for me. I like Blow by Blow, Wired, and Truth the best, some good tones too.

Did he use that same strat depicted on the album cover for Wired? or did he use a gibson too?
        There is no spoone
        - The Matricks

Comment

Originally posted by Armotron
          I didnt like guitar shop... maybe it was just that opening track, but that was way too... 80's for me. I like Blow by Blow, Wired, and Truth the best, some good tones too.

Did he use that same strat depicted on the album cover for Wired? or did he use a gibson too?
          Guitar shop... synthesizers at their worst. And there isn't a good song on that album.

I really should listen to some more beck. He can't suck as much as he does on Guitar shop and still get fanfare.

slade

(I have avatars and sigs turned off. Do you?)

Comment

Blow By Blow is great, but I still can't totally get into it. I really have to be patient with his stuff-just a bit esoteric for my tastes. I have the Best of Beck as well and, although that's not what purists get, it's a bit more pallatable and his cover of Curtis Mayfield's "People Get Ready" is amazing!
            Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
              his cover of Curtis Mayfield's "People Get Ready" is amazing!
              We can agree on that. That solo is perfect.
              Mr. Way Too Proud of Texas Guy

Nothing nothing nothing, nothing nothing nothing nothing nothing.

Comment

Love Blow by Blow!!!! Great quiet evening music! Headphone music! ... Also love the Live With Jan Hammer album....

Comment

Originally posted by HamerPlyr
                  We can agree on that. That solo is perfect.
                  The only other one that strikes me as emotionally as that is David Gilmore on Comfortably Numb-well, I'm sure there are more than that, but...
                  Rambler + Tele + Stylish Chords = Heaven!

Comment

You younger guys trip me out...I will agree that Guitar Shop might sound a little dated but listed to it...killer album...one of my faves!
                    If you just read a post by The Guy Who Invented Fire please understand that opinions change, mind sets change and as players our ears mature...not to mention our needs grow and change. With that in mind, today I may or may not agree with the post you just read!

Comment

Originally posted by danglybanger
                      Guitar shop... synthesizers at their worst. And there isn't a good song on that album.

I really should listen to some more beck. He can't suck as much as he does on Guitar shop and still get fanfare.

slade
                      You're not listening? Jeff's work on this one is brilliant! The music is outside I'll agree,but the playing is pure Jeff Beck magic!
                      Amps: 66 Fender BF Pro Reverb Combo,1973 50 Watt Marshall Head,Marshall 4x12 A/V Cab,Vox ToneLab LE,Vox VTH Valvetronix 120 Head,Vox AD 2x12 Cab,Roland Cube 20X

Guitars: Several Stratocasters,2 Fender Telecasters,Gibson SG Standard,Tokai Love Rock Les Paul,Dean Acoustic.

Pickups: SD SSL2,SSL5,Twangbanger,Antiquity Surfers,59N,Seth Lover N/B,Dimarzio Fred,Dimarzio VPAF N,Fender Fat 50s,Fralin SP43 Bridge,Brobucker,Antiquity Texas Hot.

Comment

Anyone into Jeff's old band Beck, Bogert and Appice? Great stuff there, too. I love the cover of Superstition on that one, one of my early learning experiences

Comment

Jeff Beck RULES! Just thought I`d throw that in.
                          When asking for pickup suggestions please tell us what amp you`re using

Comment

Originally posted by Alvin Lee Fan
                            Anyone into Jeff's old band Beck, Bogert and Appice? Great stuff there, too. I love the cover of Superstition on that one, one of my early learning experiences

BBA was a great band, thje song wringint was a little weak but the group itself was KILLER!

Comment

Yea Beck Bogert and Appice was pretty good too, Black Cat Moan was my favorite on that cd. I still liked Truth more, Becks Bolero is the shiz.
                              There is no spoone
                              - The Matricks

Comment

Working...
                              X