Jeff Beck;Strat or Humbuckers on Blow by Blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jeff Beck;Strat or Humbuckers on Blow by Blow

"Rough and Ready" and "Jeff Beck" (also referred to as the "orange" album were two truly amazing recordings.

Of course the first two JB Group recordings stand out from everything else that was going on at the time.

GS

Comment

So far the only BBA song i've heard is "Lady". The singing isn't anythin to brag about, but the guitar, bass and drummin on it are bloody good.

Comment

Try "Superstition".It's a very raw rock sounding album.Quite different from "Lady" overall.

- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBpSeyk1z4o -
        sigpic

- http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=804435 -
        - https://soundcloud.com/mr-ds-bigband/tracks -

Warning: May contain traces of NUTS

Comment

I saw BBA back in whenever and Jeff Beck just ruled the stage---a great sense of building a solo and lots of tone.

Comment

is this really an almost 4 year old thread...

Comment

Ox Blood LP was used on Blow by Blow. Tele-Gib and Strat on Freeway Jam

Comment

his strat during the Blow By Blow era i believe was the one that had the finnish stripped off it... if i remember right it was an early 50's strat body with a more late 60's early 70's large headstock style rosewood board neck... the tip of the pickguard was missing on the lower horn...

he also had the White 70's strat live around that era too... he had strats with BBA as well as the LP...

www.rockstarsguitars.com auctioned off some of Becks mid 70's stuff

Comment

Originally posted by WhoFan View Post
                  is this really an almost 4 year old thread...
                  Let's make it even older because the TRUTH is that its an over dub album so one phrase might be Strat, or Tele and the next might be TeleGib with Jazz & JB in the bridge or he may have used the Oxblood. Some say he said he never used the Oxblood or any Les Paul after he got the TeleGib BUT there is is on the cover of the album and likely Jeff means he used that mostly for humbucker tones not always. In essence you can't even trust Jeff on this let alone us!

Comment

Welcome to the forum
                    Last edited by ehdwuld; 11-24-2019, 11:12 AM.
                    EHD
                    Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                    RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                    SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                    Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                    Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                    Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                    Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                    GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Blow by Blow got me into the Mahavishnu Orchestra, which is one of the bands he was copying at the time. And Blow by Blow is a lot more accessible, and more of a 'guitar hero' record. John McLaughlin was a lot more European in his playing, and a lot less bluesy, which is why I think once I heard him, I never made it back into Jeff Beck, although I appreciate his playing.
                      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Alien View Post
                        BUT there is is on the cover of the album and likely Jeff means he used that mostly for humbucker tones
                        i dont know how you can make that jump, the art on the cover and what was used on the record are two very different things. not to mention the cartoony cover was takin from a live pic. there might be a little lp on that album, but it didnt get the lions share

Comment

I have to say, listening to it today, that it certainly doesn't sound like an LP on that record. Good tones all around, though. I used to play both Freeway Jam and Scatterbrain in my band during my 20s.
                          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                          X