Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Learning style

Originally posted by Metalman_666
    lol you should probably have batteries in those livewires, that's why they're called livewire... active, live, get it? lol apparently they run on an 18-volt power supply, so you'll need two 9v's. I didnt know they functioned without batteries!
    Dude how do i put then on, take the covers off?

-Cobalt blue Charvel
    -Seymour duncan live wire heavy metal humbuckers
    -Gibson amp( model unknown its too old)
    -Behringer V-amp 2

Comment

Originally posted by Charvel
      Dude how do i put then on, take the covers off?
      NOOOO way lol. Go into the electronics cavity in the back of your guitar and there should be 2 battery clips somewhere. You might want to ask a tech or something about those, just in case. I don't actually have any experience yet with active pups.

OH one thing, I should've realised, if you bought that from a store it should already have batteries in it!
      Last edited by Metalman_666; 05-16-2004, 11:57 AM.
      • EBMM JPX BFR (Crunch Lab/Liquifire)
      • Schecter C-1 Classic (Custom8/Jazz)
      • Mayones Duvell 7 Standard (Instrumental SFTY-3/Decomp)
      • G&L Tribute Comanche
      • Godin Stadium 59 (Custom Cajun/'59)
      • Horizon Precision Drive --> Fulltone FB3/FD 2 --> Crybaby From Hell (Fasel) --> Boss BF-2 --> CH-1 --> TC Flashback X4
      • Mesa/Boogie Mark IV-B (SED =C= 6L6) + EarCandy BuzzBomb 2x12 (V30/C90)

Comment

Originally posted by Metalman_666
        NOOOO way lol. Go into the electronics cavity in the back of your guitar and there should be 2 battery clips somewhere. You might want to ask a tech or something about those, just in case. I don't actually have any experience yet with active pups.

OH one thing, I should've realised, if you bought that from a store it should already have batteries in it!
        lol now ya tell me, but now i kno where to go to put batteries in so thanks anyways guys

-Cobalt blue Charvel
        -Seymour duncan live wire heavy metal humbuckers
        -Gibson amp( model unknown its too old)
        -Behringer V-amp 2

Comment

www.tedvieira.com that site has a flas type thingy that teaches you how to read music, it's very good and very simple to understand..
          Marshall JVM 410C
          Mesa Boogie DC-3
          ~2010 USA G&L Legacy Special/S-500 bastard-child, Tobaccoburst.
          1996 USA G&L Legacy, Honeyburst, SSS , Dimarzio Injector/Kinman AVn69/AVn69
          2007 USA Gibson LP Studio, Stock PUPs
          2005 USA EBMM Silhouette Special,Hardtail , Tobaccoburst,SSS Stock PUPs
          1999 USA Peavey Wolfgang,Flame Cherryburst Trem
          2005 MIM Fender Tele, Hotrails/Stock Neck
          1997 Yamaha Pacifica 812 EMGs

Comment

IMO It really depends upon the individual. Different learning approaches for different folks. I learned by tab in the beginning which is a GREAT way to get up and running fast. However, since my ear wasn't that great to begin with, tab didn't personally help me in learning to write my own material. I segued to learning music theory which helped immensely. I don't claim to be an expert on theory...but have a good solid working knowledge of it.

I eventually learned to read music when I started playing the easier classical pieces. I didn't really get that much benefit from it though.
            PRS McCarty Korina loaded w/Godwoods
            PRS Custom 22 loaded w/Dragon IIs
            GJ2 Shredder loaded w/Habaneros
            Rivera Knucklehead 55 Reverb/Blackstar HT-1/VHT Special Ultra 6
            Avatar 2X12 loaded with V30 & G12H30
            various pedals

Comment

Have fun

Learning to read sheet music is not necessary for guitarists, but useful.
              Originally posted by The Minstrel
              Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

Working...
              X