Check out this amp idea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Check out this amp idea!

.....I don't know, it seems like it would be easier to actually make an all tube amp that duplicates the circuits found in amps rather than trying to give "life" to a digital modeler which doesn't sound anything like what it's trying to copy....seems like technology trying to recreate what is really easy to create in the first place.....

Jeff Seal
    ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
    www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

This is about 10 times cheaper though...
      Originally posted by The Minstrel
      Fair as the country was and the goatboy life my fellows' lot, if I could not've imagined my music's one day whisking me Orionlike to the stars, I'd have as well flung myself into the sea. No other fate would even faintly do; an impassioned lack of alternatives moved my tongue; what for another might be a heartfelt wish was for me an absolute condition.

Comment

You may be right there, but as best as I can tell...it's a tube power amp (would need to be stereo) somewhere along the lines of Mesa 50/50...and they ain't exactly cheap. The thing is I build amps that duplicate exacly the original circuits and the preamp parts are about as much as a POD, the tones aren't modeled they're exact...(it's nowhere near as hard as what you might think!) but it ain't MIDI controllable...
        Of course, then again I've managed to get by without MIDI in my amps for quite some time, and mine are more versatile than most.... I don't know, the whole modeling thing may pan out quite nicely...I guess we'll see.....
        Jeff Seal
        ..lots and lots of toys!

"...swords and tequila, carry me through the fight!"

"I am Phil"....
        www.houstonamprepair.com

Comment

Working...
        X