Input Jack Problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input Jack Problem.

(american strat) - My jack was a little lose so I unscrewed the whole thing to lift it up and re-tighten it. When I placed the jack back in the cavity and screwed the pins back in, the cable would not lock in! It goes in as much as you can "slide" in, but when you kinda have to "push" the rest in, it is locked. I've unscrewed it several times and have found that the cable will fit in the jack, just not in the posistion when it's screwed in the guitar like it use to. WHAT DO I DO?!

Re: Input Jack Problem.

Just a suggestion until others come along.

Leave your jack plug & cable fully connected to the jack socket and then screw in the socket. This should hopefully solve the problem or you will soon know what is interfering with it - could be the wires to the socket. Also try your jack plug and see if it is properly screwed together.
    Normans Guitars

Comment

It sounds like you've just twisted the jack in its mount, so that the end tong is being interfered with by the wood. Just try loosening the nut, rotate the jack a few degree's one way or the other, until the plug "snaps" into place.

Might take a little trial and error.

Comment

Hey Norman, thanks for the quick reply. I have already tried your suggestion and when I plug the cable into the jack and try to screw in back in, the holes in the jack arent aligned with the holes in the guitar. Its like the hole isnt big enough for the jack to work properly, but theres gotta be a way to simple fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo
          It sounds like you've just twisted the jack in its mount, so that the end tong is being interfered with by the wood. Just try loosening the nut, rotate the jack a few degree's one way or the other, until the plug "snaps" into place.

Might take a little trial and error.
          Jungs,

Forgot to welcome you to the board (and my bad).

Try what ArtieToo has suggested as it looks as though the socket has twisted around and probably not fitting properly. It may be twisted out of shape and needs to be bent back in. Go gently with it.

BTW are you using another (new) cable for this? If not then that might be the problem. Switch over to the old cable and see if that works?

Norman
          Normans Guitars

Comment

Nevermind guys, I got it fixed. Had the rotate the tong underneath around, it must have gotten flipped when I unscrewed it. Anyway, thanks guys.

Comment

As Roseanne Roseannadanna would say . . . "Its always something!"

Comment

Working...
              X