Schecter C-1 Elite VS. Epiphone Les Paul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schecter C-1 Elite VS. Epiphone Les Paul

Ok guys, I found a REAL NICE epi les paul at my local shop for $530. I'm thinking about trading my Schecter C-1 Elite in for it. Do you think that would be a good idea or not? I've never owned an epi before, but this one feels real nice.

Re: Schecter C-1 Elite VS. Epiphone Les Paul

Personally, I'd rather have the Schecter, but to each his own.

Comment

Originally posted by mrid
      Personally, I'd rather have the Schecter, but to each his own.
      The Les Paul type of neck just feels better in my hand than the thin neck on my Schecter. I've really been leaning towards thick necks lately. I think I'm gonna start having to use a baseball bat for a guitar neck.

Comment

*BUMP* I need input guys.........c'mon help me out.

Comment

I think you kind of said it. The Epi feels better to you, I'd go with the Epi.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff5
            I think you kind of said it. The Epi feels better to you, I'd go with the Epi.
            You are 100% correct. It was so obvious I looked right over that point. I just wanted to make sure that I wasnt getting a "cheaper" guitar than what I want to trade in.

Comment

I can attest that I'm quite satisfied with the quality of the Epi Classic that I bought last month. (never played/owned a Schecter so I can't really compare them) Grover tuners, 500k pots, decent pups (although I replaced them), I am quite satisfied. Great value for the money.

Comment

Schecter Owns! Nothing can compare to them, thats why I love them. If you want different tone, get new pick ups, but Schecters are so great, I love their necks too. The best necks I have ever put my hands on! Epi's (and LPS expecially) are overplayed anyway...
                Its not about love or hate, wrong or right, its about perception. Just do it, say it, feel it. There are no lies... lies are too human. Its so much thought that its none at all. Its no religion, its not defined. Its not even real. Its about being connected to the point that you didnt even know. Its the reassuring peace in pain because it hit you & its over & you felt it. Its the pits of Hell found in Heaven. Its not being connected with a god... we are all god...

Comment

Originally posted by Schecter006Elite
                  Schecter Owns! Nothing can compare to them, thats why I love them. If you want different tone, get new pick ups, but Schecters are so great, I love their necks too. The best necks I have ever put my hands on! Epi's (and LPS expecially) are overplayed anyway...
                  I can't help but laugh at that .....and I own 3 Schecters that I absolutely adore.

Comment

Schecters have thin necks, so I'm not sure where you are going with that. Take your schecter in with you play them side to side as if you were gonna choose between buying either and decide.

The schecter tho, depending on its year, if its newer has better hardware and possibly pickups. I have a 2002 C-1 Plus, and the year after they stuck real duncans in those guitars as well as tone pro bridges.

Comment

if it feels right...go for it!!!
                      Originally posted by jeremy
                      God hates bad guitar tone
                      GUITARS: Schecter Saturn, Takamine, Ibanez Mandolin
                      AMPS: Traynor YCV40WR/KT77s, VHT Special 6, Marshall AS50R
                      EFX: Line 6 G30, Fhusk CS-3, Emerson EM-Drive, Emerson Paramount,
                      Keisman Earlybird, EB VPJr, Empress Tape Delay, Hungry Robot Lil Gazer

Comment

Working...
                      X