Hamer archtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hamer archtop

I saw this on ebay for $450.00, looks like a damn good deal for $450.00 Anyone have any experience with these Korean Hamers? I think I might just get one.

Last edited by Panzer; 05-17-2004, 01:06 PM.
    Heavy Metal is a 73 tonne Main Battle Tank :headbang:

B.C. Rich USA ST-III w/ Seymour Duncan Hot Rails Neck/Middle, Duncan Custom Bridge. :firedevil

Re: Hamer archtop

They are a very good (poor) man's version of the US Studio guitars, whilst they are perfectly acceptable they do not come close to the US range. The pups are made in Korea and are alright but just don't compare to the proper '59s in the the US studio.

Don't let me put you off however, because they are good guitars for the price and quality but overall if you are going to get one then it really is going to be mostly for thrashing and changing pups and probably tuners. For your info go and see the reviews at Harmony as well

http://www.harmony-central.com/Guita...r/SATF-01.html
    Normans Guitars

Comment

if that didnt say hamer i would swear it was an agile
      esp ltd deluxe ec-1000 (amber sunburst)
      fender mim standard strat
      peavey classic 30
      johnson j-station
      original ibanez ts-9 (not in use)
      dunlop crybaby (sometimes in use)
      yamaha f-310p acoustic
      taylor 410 acoustic
      "This ain't no ballet-we want people to listen with their eyes closed,to just let the music come inside them and forget their wordly cares..." Duane Allman
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Suess

Comment

They are good guitars for the money, but you may want to consider looking for a used American model Studio. I'm about to close a deal on one of them myself, and in the course of looking for one, I found a lot of American made Hamers that went for under $600. If you're going to spend $450, might as well chip in a little more and get an American model with a set of factory-installed Duncans. I would suggest looking for a mid-90's Hamer Special FM. It's the same as the Studio model, only with a flat top instead of a carved top. You should be able to find one for less than $600 if you look hard enough.

Ryan
        Originally posted by JOLLY
        I'm the reason we had to sign waivers

Comment

Working...
        X